- 9 -

we've gone through the most, haven't we? like in movies, i suppose. the cute meeting, the first date, the first kiss, the falling in love, the sex, the deep talks and love confessions. i suppose it's time for the climax, the big, epic argument that ruins everything. but we never got a new start, did we? never a chance to make up and confess yet again under the stars or in the rain or at a wedding.

i remember thinking that our relationship was so picture perfect when we were still dating, like the old movies we used to love. but i've come to realize it was so much better and so much worse than that.

but, well, to the more important chapter, i suppose.

the night under the stars of marshall's beach. we kissed under the moon and made love and thought we'd be forever, running barefoot on the beach, your hand in mine and sharing messy kisses and i thought i was finally free.

Jungkook curses softly. Shit, it's starting to make sense now. They had thought it was a good idea, running away in the middle of the night, Jimin's hand in his, giggling as they ran through the sand, the way Jungkook picked him up and twirled him around and kissed him under the stars.

If only they had known this would be the last memory they made together.

- Flashback -

"Jimin!". Jungkook knocked on the window to Jimin's bedroom, and Jimin jumped, clamping a hand over his mouth as he saw Jungkook, swaying on the branch of one of the trees in the gardens, wearing black sweatpants and a mischievous grin.

Jimin scrambled up, holding a finger to his lips as he opened the windows, staring at Jungkook.

"What are you doing?!". He hissed.

"Let's go out, love. You said your parents were coming home in the morning, since they're on a trip.".

"I- Jungkook, what are you planning this time?".

"We're going to the beach.".

Jimin raised an eyebrow, hands on his hips.

"At 11 PM?".

"Why not? We'll be the only ones there.".

"Jungkook, what the actual fuck? What if we get lost?".

"We won't get lost, I know the way and I have a car. Or we could just cuddle all night. You choose.".

Jimin sighed, sitting back down on his bed.

"... You know what?".

"What?".

"Let me change and let's go.".

"Yes!". Jungkook pressed an exaggerated kiss to his lips, grinning as he pulled away. "Alright, get changed and we'll go. I personally think your tiny shorts are perfect for the beach, but to each their own.".

"It's barely spring, Jungkook. I'm getting jeans.".

______

Jimin let out a laugh as Jungkook rolled open the windows to his mom's SUV, watching as his boyfriend stuck his head out of the window, wind blowing his hair back, squinting his eyes.

"Don't fall out, love.". Jungkook told him.

"I won't!".

"We'll be there in five minutes, by the way.".

Jimin pulled his head back in, looking at Jungkook excitedly.

"Really?".

"Mhm. It's too cold to go swimming, but it's still pretty.".