Part 12: Ghosts

Max's pov
I wake up from having pebbles thrown at me. I blink a bit and look around. I see Jasper picking up more pebbles to throw then he looked at me.
"Oh hey man! You're awake!" He said dropping what he had in his hands. "I thought you died!"  I look at him and flip him off.
"So um...what's up? I heard you and your friends call for me a week ago but when I tried to find you I couldn't. And why are most people from your camp ghosts now?" Wait. Ghosts? If they was ghosts where are they?
"Dude are you ignoring me? You're not talking." Oh yeah. I need to tell him about David. I take out a piece of paper and a pencil and start writing. Jasper watched me.
"Are you writing on what's going on?" He said and I nod in response.
"Huh...ok!" After a bit I finished and gave him the paper. He started reading. I could see his face drop immediately.
"Davey...is a murderer?!" He shouted. I nod.
"N-no...you're joking! Davey wouldn't...he's a nice person! I've known him for most of my life! Tell me you're joking!" I look away.
"No! You're lying!" He shouted as he ran away. Shit! I didn't mean to upset him! I stay by the tree. It's near space kids body...I get up and walk to the spot his body is. Huh. I look around and grab two sticks and tie them together to make a cross and put it where space kid is buried. He deserves a proper grave but that's all I can do. I look at his new grave and sigh. There's nothing more to do...but I don't want to go back to camp. I go back to the tree I fell asleep on and sit back down leaning on it. God damn it. What do I do now...? I think but was interrupted by a figure.
"Max! What are you doing here?" David asked. I looked at him worriedly.
"Well everyone is worried about you being missing again! So do you want to come back to camp?" I shake my head.
"Oh! Why not?" He picked me up. "Is it because you don't like camp?" He took out his knife. "Is it because you want to be alone?" He put the knife to my neck. I hold my breath. "Or is it because you don't want to die." He said as he inched the knife closer he got interrupted by a voice.

"Davey...?"