prologue

0. prologue

There was never a time before Hydra. Her body was crafted in her mother's womb with her purpose already designed. There was never going to be a choice. Her life course was predetermined.

Her father was known for his experiments. This project was more intimate, but it was a project nonetheless. No one in the science community had ever come this close to accomplishing this. He would be the first to recreate the serum since Erskine and Zola. Nothing would ever be as perfect as Erskine's but that wasn't the goal. The goal was to make the serum naturally. Once they could create humans with enhanced genetics from the moment of conception, a new human race could emerge.

No matter the gender or state of the baby inside his wife, it was to be immediately injected with the serum as soon as it exited the birth canal. It would not know more than a second of life without the serum in its veins. He wanted to examine how the serum would affect the life course from day one.

Zola had already created a nearly perfect specimen, but Strucker grew bored of experimenting on him. The appeal wasn't there when he couldn't have his plaything at the ready all times of the day. In and out of the ice. He was bored of it. The screams didn't excite him anymore. He anxiously awaited the birth of his child so that he could start his newest project. When the child was old enough to kill for his cause, the Soldier would take care of its training.