2

"As you can see," Stark explained as he stood in the massive hangar before the four moon-bound astronauts. "The spacecraft is built very differently from your standard fare.

As Stark explained the specifications of the vehicle, Ben stared at it in absolute awe. It was beautiful and unlike any aircraft he'd ever seen before. The body was all smooth surfaces polished to a pale metallic sheen, with aerodynamic designs that lent it a sleek, sharp appearance. He walked up to the front of the craft and looked up into the window at the nose of the bird. The cockpit.

"The Marvel-1 has a very special operating system," Stark went on. "I can't take credit for it though. We have Dr. Hank Pym to thank for that."

A man that no one had noticed in the back of the room walked past them and up to the jet. He stopped to shake everyone's hand, stopping at Sue.

"How is Janet?" Sue asked as she shook Hank's hand.

"She's doing well, she sends her love," Hank said before clearing his throat and explaining the ship's operating system. Stark had designed it, but Hank's invention was what helped sustain it. "Pym Particles, I call them. They decrease the distance between the molecules of an object, effectively shrinking them. Their capable of greatly reducing an object's size without decreasing its mass. It's how we managed to make the shuttle so compact but so powerful."

"You think you'll be happy flying her?" Stark asked as he put a hand on Ben's broad shoulder.

Ben thought about his father's stories. He was a highly-decorated pilot in the Air Force. He could still remember sitting on his knee and listening to all of the stories about his exploits against the Nazis. Even though shell shock had plagued him, he felt a certain therapeutic effect that talking with Ben had on him. Although he'd initially chuckled at Ben's assertion that he would fly in space one day, that fantasy was so close to becoming a reality he couldn't wait to tell him about when he returned home from the moon. "Yeah, I think I'd like it okay," Ben answered with a cocky grin.

Before any flights in the Marvel-1 could happen, the four of them had to participate in extensive training simulations. A neutral buoyancy lab consisting of a very large underwater space was utilized to help them get accustomed to movement in the space suits. Flight training and general maintenance and upkeep of the ship were included in the training.

"If a light bulb goes out or the toilet breaks, you all need to know the basics of how to fix it," Henson explained to them.

The training was nothing new for Sue or Johnny, who used their experience to help Reed and Ben. By the time the first day of training was complete, the four of them were pretty exhausted. Reed was laying on the couch, a pillow over his face, when Ben nudged him. "You're date with Sue is in ten minutes," the bigger man cautioned him.

Reed shot up like a bullet and began rushing around the apartment. "What was I thinking, taking a nap like that! I have to hurry. Ben, have you seen that shirt, the blue and white one?"

Ben smiled and lifted the exact shirt up before him. He then handed him a jacket and slacks. "Your shoes are by the door. Socks are in them." He also handed Reed a bouquet of flowers.

"Uh, thanks?" Reed said.

Ben gave him a friendly shove. "They're not for you, bonehead. They're for Sue."

Reed nodded. "Right. Of course."

Ben could see the nerves in Reed. They were creating so much tension he could actually feel it in the air. "Listen, Reed. Don't worry about what anyone might say. Go and have a fun time with her."

Reed thanked him profusely before rushing out. Lucky for him, Sue and Johnny's apartment wasn't far. He got into the car he and Ben shared and drove there with just a minute to spare.