Chapter 1: How it started

He slowly began touching her, moving his hand ever so softly. She didn't understand this, she had no idea what was happening to her. All her life she was locked in the Dark, never seeing the light. How long had it been since she was here? She has long forgotten even her mothers face. Not a friend nor knight in shining armor to save her; for he was dead. Then he called for her, The devil himself, Damien Knight. 

Flash back: 

Ever since i could remember i was told of "him" the one who would ruin me. I was told of a horrible fate passed down to me, nightmares haunting me at night. A childhood no one deserved to have, a fabled fate slowly built up and waiting on for me. Something i hoped was just a reason to scare me in to doing my work or cleaning the house. I guess i was wrong.

Darkness.

------

"Evangeline, darling wake up." Miss Porter told her. "You need to get up, your mother has called for you in her office." Then turned away with sadness filling her expression.

Evangeline woke tiredly, she wondered why she needed to be up so early, her lessons don't start any time soon, what could be so important? But obeyed anyhow.

"Yes Mother?" Evangeline said as she entered into her Mothers office.

"Eva, the time has come for you to leave here." She says facing the window.

"Is it him...?" Evangeline replied, fighting back the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"I'm afraid so. I was hoping it wouldn't be so early, but he has noticed your presence." Her mother pushed a strangling piece of Red hair behind her ear. "You know what to do dear, don't let him have you." She then continued to walk to me and soothe my tangled pale blonde hair. "Go far from Aegium, that's where he resides."

Evangeline knew her reasons for this. She had known her whole life the day would come, but she couldn't comprehend the sadness that still took ahold of her and grasped her very being. Being last of the Vrykolakas she couldn't help her heritage, she had to accept the fact of who she is; at such a young age. She had to accept her fate.

On that day after her meeting with her mother she ran, after giving a last farewell; she ran faster than she ever had, tears like waterfalls coming from her eyes, she couldn't bring her self to look back. She left everything she had ever known, she left to face Hell itself, to face a fate she couldn't choose but had to live with and fight against.  

A simple child with so much on her shoulders. 

----Well, first story here. What are your thoughts? Short chapter because I'm just starting off. Take care~

~Erin.