Chapter 2: A friend along the way

Evangeline POV

Five years later.

"James! Catch the bag!" throwing the bag of Bread.

"Hey kids! Give that back, you can't do that! We got that for ourselves!" The trolls chasing us yelled after us. "Yea! Give it back." Complained the second troll, who just tripped over a rock.

"Hah! Never!" I yelled back at them as I kept dashing through the woods. Bush over log, I had done this many times before. My hair danced in the wind as I was running full speed, with James to my Left.

James has been with me for about four years. I found him, He was abandoned, left for dead. I caught him stealing my lunch, then jumping from tree to tree. He had slipped and fell, he was so scared. After that we bonded, now we cant be separated. He's like a brother I never had. But it's nice to have company while I'm always on the move.

I looked back at the Trolls, who were far behind us now. Taking a better look i realized, they are plain hideous. Their Bug-eyes stick out, and When they run they look like over grown retarded midgets. With stuby little legs. A horror to look at, But easy to steal from. I laughed at my thought, then speed up some.

"Hey Eva, I think we are far enough away. Lets rest." James blurted out, Obviously out of breathe.

"Fine, fine." As I slowed down I noticed dark clouds in the horizion. "Hey, james. Whats that?" As i pointed to the Dark clouds seeping into the afternoon sky.

"Fire. Lets check it out." James said planting a playful smirk on his face.

"Very well, We will" She said it playfully, but a pain in her chest said that what was to come isn't good. Soon we were on our way, we decided to rest at the bottom of the hill.

The next Morning i woke to the sunlight shining between the tree tops, The birds were chirpping their lovely tunes. Everything felt peacful at that moment. James woke soon after that, his hazel stared up at me filled with Curiousity. I had to admit, He had a stunning face. His light creamy brown hair made his Hazel eyes look like the Moon in a dark night sky. His lighter tan made him look Exotic. He was amazing to look at. James made me snap out of my deep thoughts.

"So, When are we going to explore?" Planting a cocky grin on his face, that I knew way to well.

"Well then, Lets go." I couldnt help but Smile like an idiot.

-- Well, i just had to write more today. I plan on making this a quite long story. Oh, the ideas popping in my head. Thank you for reading <3 ~Erin