Chapter 1

Jax Blaine

"Kitkat... let go of my hand!"

I saw how she was shocked hearing me mentioned her name. Her brows rising up stayed still. Her mouth hanged-open and her eyes keep blinking... which I didn't comprehend what she's trying to express. What's the big deal of just mentioning someone's name?

"OMG!" she mouthed unintentionally. Seconds later, her expression suddenly changes. She looked at me smiling ear to ear with a naughty look and starts giggling in front of me... still holding my hand!

"Alam mo pala pangalan ko? Ikaw ha! Uma-acting ka lang palang walang pake sa 'kin pero pinagmamasdan mo rin pala ako. Sinadya ko kayang 'di banggitin pangalan ko hihihi!"

I was taken a back for a second then frowned. I glared at her for her to stop dreaming but she wasn't affected. She kept on squeezing my hand still smiling from ear to ear.

'What happened to this woman? She's nervous and furious minutes ago but now she's acting cute by just hearing me call her name! She's even a college student not a high school!'

"Oy! Jax Blaine! Pakibanggit ulit ng pangalan ko isa pa. Please!"

I rolled my eyes and give up. I hold her hands tightly and forced her to let go of my hand. She frowned when I didn't talk back. I walked away.

"Hoy! Ano ba! Pakiligin mo naman ulit ako Jax Blaine! Banggitin mo lang pangalan ko hoy! 'Wag ka na mahiya!"

I rolled my eyes again and walked fast, letting her shouting there like a mad woman.

Did I really stoop so low that she even dared treating me like this? That tiny lady is insulting me! And the fact that she's even warning me about those gangsters to stay away with! Those weak gangsters that even my men in Yumi before cannot be entertained by them.

It's just been six months since I studied here yet I already know how the school's function. I even know the three groups of gangs that have been competing with each other... and it doesn't even excite me at all. It's nothing compared to what I experienced.

...

"I refuse sir."

Our professor, which also the head of this school committee sighed when hearing me refused his offer again. And since I was having a new life—sarcastically—I need to respect every seniors and professors here. I'm trying hard to be good just for those life savers of mine—sarcastically—will be proud of me. I still f*cking feel I was indebted to them. Those bastards! Damn Exseven!

"Ito ang ikatlong offer ko sa 'yo pero 'di mo pa rin tinanggap Mr. Connor. Hindi na naman kita mapipilit ngayon. Maaari ka nang umalis."

I bowed before turning my back to him. "Pero kung pwede sanang pag-isipan mong mabuti ang role na offer ko sa 'yo. Malaking tulong iyon sa 'yo," he plead again for the last time.

"I will sir!"

Damn! How the heck that kind and good professor still begging me to be a student council president? How the heck he tried to convince this devil? If I could say it to his face that I wasn't and won't be interested about his offer, I will.

This main office is located in the 3rd floor of the main building. The moment I walk away a few steps from the door, I saw my seatmate in the ground floor and is yank by the man who bumped me in the cafeteria and poured a cola in my polo.

That guy... I know he was part of the gang who's still at the rank 1. I always see him bullying some student, whether what gender it is. And I always didn't care about what they're doing. I have my own business and I'm not interested to them.

I wanted to look away at them but I couldn't. I saw how that girl, Kitkat trying to pull her arm from the grip of the bastard. She's shouting to let go but he won't listen. I look around just to find out the students doesn't want to help and doesn't seem to care as always.

"Bitawan mo nga ako! Sumusobra ka na!"

Seeing them will only make me remember my past. Is it because I was once like that guy that I'm immune to this sight?

I was in that guy's position before, dragging and punishing anyone who disobeyed me. Hurting them without concrete reason at all. Without thinking the victim's feelings and without feeling guilty but feeling proud.

Is it just because I'm worst enough that I didn't feel pity towards her being treated like that? That I was been there and done that that I don't have the urge to help my seatmate?

Hmmm...

I sighed and didn't care. She's just my seatmate and that bastard is just a stranger to me so I don't care about them. Don't wanna waste my time here. I'm not that kind to help someone.

I averted my eyes away from them and continued walking like the other students were doing.

Making few steps away from where I stand, I suddenly hear her voice shouting my name. This time, the way she called me was different.

"Jax! Jax tulungan mo 'ko!"

Aside the fact that she only calls me by my first name, she sounds desperate too.

I stopped walking automatically and rolled my eyes. I didn't look back 'cause I was hesitating.

'She saw me! Damn it!'

"Jax! Please!"

She didn't call me Jax Blaine which she always does. She's the only one here who calls me by my name. Others will only call me Connor.

I don't know but I felt something nostalgia. The people from my past were the only one who called me that.

Suddenly, she suspiciously shut up so I don't need any reason but to turn around and look at them. Since I am in the floor above them, I saw that bastard was shutting her mouth with his palm while naughtily looking up at me.

I show him no expression which I think it pisses him off. I look at Kitkat who's still asking me to help her through the looks of her eyes. I sighed and rolled my eyes again.

'Damn! I don't want to encounter trouble!'

"May something ba sa inyo ng gagong 'yan? Kanina hinila mo siya palabas ng cafeteria tsaka ngayon nanghihingi ka ng tulong? Hahaha! Sure ka bang matutulungan ka niyan? Hoy Kitkat! Baka nahihibang ka na!"

I smirk and brush my hair upward. 'This mother*cker annoys me!'

"Hoy pre! Nanghihingi ng tulong ang bibwit na 'to sa 'yo! Ano? 'Di mo kayang tulungan? Takot ka rin?"

He shouted not just because we are far away but to gather everyone's attention. I was like him before. I didn't think I was that childish and an attention seeker before! Tsk!

I turn around them showing no care about it to piss him more. I knew he wanted everyone will pay attention to him. Since I already experienced being an attention seeker, I know what can entertain us and what can piss us off. I smirk!

I hurriedly go down the stairs to meet him. I exercise my neck and fingers and the only thing I know is that I'm smiling ear to ear. I'm feeling excited and I don't know why.

I'm not doing this because of my seatmate. I'm doing this because I want to teach that f*cker how to properly bully someone... and that someone is him!

 and that someone is him!