#5

I DIDNT COUNT THE DAYS SINCE YOU LEFT BUT TODAY IT HIT 365

As I stare at the blank wall, my head is a mess and my heart even a bigger one. I thought the scars and bruises you left were just wounds that are still healing, but as I look at your picture the stitches are cut open once again and as the blood stains your picture, I mumble in-between sobs and coughs of all that was left. My vision gets cloudy, and I can't clearly see the image of you, smiling proudly as your hand wrapped around my waist, that night 5 months before you left. We were unbearably happy, and I can still recall how your lips felt on mine. I still remember the way my heart beat so fast and the chills raced up and down my spine as you held my hand, you promised to stay, but 5 months later it appeared that the person I cared so much about was gone, you were just a trace of memories, and way too many emotions stored in the back of my head and in my aching soul.

365 days later, as I stare at the scars, of a way too familiar past, and the torn up picture of you & my heart speeds up. still. 365 days later, as my screen lights up and your name flashes on my screen, I read it, open and delete. 365 days later, I'm finally clean and 365 days later I fathom that people are like stains on your favorite white shirt , that can't be washed away. 365 days later, I'm finally over you.

and holding on and everything inbetween.