Duplicity

Market of Beijing...

"Well, well, well, what an unexpected surprise, gentlemen."

Shenlong stopped when he had heard a gruff voice. Looking to the side, he saw a figure, sitting in shadows, under umbrella, which protects him from the sun's rays.

"Oh, it's you." Peacock said with little annoyance, "I didn't expect to see you here."

Masters became aware of a stranger who interrupted their walk. It was hard to see who was in the shade of an umbrella, but it could be seen that it's some kind of reptile. Lizard was wearing unusual black outfit. One could see the orange scales with dark purple marks. The aura of mystique and coldness surrounded the pangolin.

"Welcome, my friend. It's good to see you back." Mystery lizard hissed in deep and hard voice, "And it seems you have brought some guests."

"Yes, they have come of their own free will."

"Oh, is that so? Well, we have been expecting your return. Someone already started to worry about you, my avian friend."

Shenlong's face once more cheerful, he didn't hesitate and immediately asked the question that tormented him since his arrival.

"Where's Her Majesty?"

"When I saw her last, she was in the palace."

"Actually, she was walking to the factory just a moment ago." came an unexpected happy voice.

"Jin, are you eavesdropping again?" asked the one in black.

"Eavesdropping? What a harsh word." Silver fox cheerfully said, "I'm just observing. By the way, Shenlong, our noble celebrity left its cage..."

"Really? How unfortunate. I hope he won't get lost, or some unfortunate guard won't kill him by mistake. Who knows what may happen?"

"...and he was with our little lady." Happy fox continued in spite of bird's irritation.

The surrounding atmosphere immediately darkened. Shenlong's irritation was obvious when his face distorted in a well noticeable scowl.

"I think we have spent enough of your time already. You'd better hurry and warn the Emperor of your return..." Móguǐ said in a voice that presaged some pleasant amusement, "...as your companions seem slightly disturbed. But it's understandable. After all, they have a difficult time right now, falling into such adversity."

Masters looked unnerved knowing that two strangers are someone who is aware of the recent situation with Gongmen.

"Let's go!" Shenlong snapped at Kung Fu masters.

Weapon factory...

After a conversation with a fox, they turned toward the factory, unaware of the fateful irony. If only they stayed still for a moment longer, if only a fox bothered them a bit more, or if a silver trickster didn't meet them on their way and didn't distract their attention, they surely would have been noticed and met with the new arrivals much earlier than it planned. But, unfortunately, fate decided differently.

So, our couple went to a huge smoking building.

"Well, here we are." Lian said with a sight.

They came to double doors, leading inside the building. Putting her wings on the door, she looked over her shoulder at Shen and smiled.

"Are you in anticipation?" She said sweetly.

"If you must know than YES, I AM!" Shen shouted at her impatiently, "Can we finish with this now? I'm tired of your games."