Chapter 16-"Future"

Alana's POV

Time seems like it had been flying by. I felt like I had been living in that town forever. Felt as if Leo and I had known eachother our whole lives. We've managed to control our urges better since the night he marked me. Took a few weeks, but we've calmed down a bit. Thank god because I don't think I would have a vagina left if we didn't. Leo also got his revenge on Mitch and Sara. They had us over for dinner last week, and we just couldn't keep our hands off eachother. Mitch yelled. Sara giggled. It was pretty amusing.

Oh yeah, that dinner......they invited us over to tell us the good news. Mitch and Sara were finally expecting after 3 years. I'm so happy for them. Sara will make an amazing mother. But then the news also brought the conversation:

"So, how did you guys keep from getting pregnant for 3 years? Was it hard to conceive?" I asked, Sara giggled again. "No it wasn't. We just wanted to wait a bit. And technically it was only 2 years of waiting after the bond was complete." I was confused. Why did that year matter? Sara's face turned to a bit of shock. "Oh my god....I forgot to tell you about that part!" Her hands quickly covered her mouth after realizing she apparently forgot to tell me something? I began to panic a bit. What else could there be?!

I glanced over at Leo, and he sat there with a smirk. "After I marked you, you can't get pregnant for a year to the day. Human female mates have to wait until the wolf's venom from the mark can fully be distributed through the body. It's getting your body ready to be able to conceive a werewolf child, as well as be able to carry and deliver one." His explanation made sense, but that meant...... "so I won't get pregnant for a year. What about after? Is there even a strong enough birth control to keep from conceiving a werewolf baby?" Sara laughed at my question. I must have sounded so dumb to them. "Yes, there is. It's not like what we were use to when we were 16. It's stronger. Packs make it themselves. It's meant for only werewolves and human werewolf mates.

Ok. That made sense. So I had a year until I had to worry about getting knocked up. I could handle that. But that's when the other conversation began back at home:

"So.....we've never really talked about it before. But, do you even want kids?" I asked Leo once we were alone and back home. He turned and smiled at me. Walking closer. "I was set on not wanting kids. I honestly didn't think I'd even have any. Like I told you before, I never thought I'd find you. But once I did, everything changed. Thinking about you pregnant, holding our children, it's a very exciting image for me. So yeah, now I want kids." His confession warmed my heart. I could only imagine him being all sweaty and dirty from training all day, coming home and holding a little baby girl drenched in all pink. Swooon.

"Do you want kids?" His question took me out of my thoughts. "Honestly, I've never really thought about it before. It just never crossed my mind. I never would imagine myself with kids. But now with you, I think I want kids too. At least one." The thought did scare me a bit. I never saw myself as the motherly type. Would I even be a good one? Leo began to laugh suddenly. "Good. Because if we didn't have a kid, then I'd have to hand down the Alpha Crown to Mitch and Sara's child. And if that kid turns out anything like them, this whole pack will be destroyed." His comment made me laugh even. "Not destroyed. Just confused. Mitch would be standing there yelling at them to do one thing, then Sara would be contradicting it and calmly tell them to do another. Then the two would fight over it, then make up in seconds while the whole pack watched." The image in my head was truer than true. Leo obviously agreed seeing as he busted out in laughter once I said it.

Then that brought on another conversation:

"You know, that leaves one more thing we need to discuss." He said as he strolled over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. Signature smirk and all. I knew this look. "What? Anal?" My answer made him laugh louder than I ever heard him before. "Ummm...no. But that is something we will discuss soon. I'm talking about getting married." Oh. Clearly we were not on the same page of that book.

I stood there a moment, a little shocked. "I don't think we really have to discuss that right now. It's a little too soon" I wasn't wrong. We only had months in. Getting married sounded a little fast in my book. Mate bond or not. "Since when do we do anything slow?" He was right about that part but....."I know. But I like the way things are right now. It's not that I wouldn't say yes if you asked. And it's not like I wouldn't be more than happy. It's just that since everything has been going so fast for well, a human, I'd like to wait a bit. These are things people, or maybe just girls, look forward to. And I feel like we if went ahead and rushed into it like everything else, we won't have anything to look forward to anymore. Make sense?" My explanation made him sigh and kiss my forehead. "I get it. I do. But you do realize that at least in my eyes, I look forward to every single day with you. That's what excites me." Damn him and his sweet, sexy, convincing ways. "Yeah. Me too. But this is just, what do you call it.....a milestone? After getting married the only thing that would come next is kids. Then their kids. Then I'm a grandma. Then a great grandma. And I'm not really ready to be a cranky old lady just yet."

He laughed once more and gently kissed my lips. "Fine. I understand. But you do know you'd make a really hot great grandmother, right?" The look he was giving made me wet in a second. "That's nice to know that you're into older chicks." I playfully punched his chest. He pulled me even closer and kissed me deeper. He then quickly separated a bit and looked down at me. "So about this anal thing......"