Good News and Bad News

I race out the door, eager to see my new friend. Immediately, my dad stops me and calls me into the unfinished "living room". "Honey, we got the house so fast because there was a...... catch." "What?!" "Your grandmother is coming to live with us." "Rich Granny Ava? I haven't seen her since I was born." "Well you're about to again." "So what's the catch?" I ask confused. "You have to share a room with her butlers daughter Maria." "What?! Dad I need my privacy!" "I know darling but that's not the worst. Anyways, you can bond with her." "What do you mean that that is not the worst?" "Your mom and I have to go to a....... business meeting and we won't be......

"Tears filling my eyes, I run out of the house. I sprint into the woods wiping tears from my eyes, and stumble over a thick root. Landing in the dirt with a thud, I brush off the dirt and look up to find myself looking straight in the face of the panther. I shuffle back in fear, but notice a little bear cub looking curiously at me. Catching my glance the panther bears her teeth and growls. Qwertyuiop must have adopted the little cub as her own. Qwertyuiop leaps over me and takes off running. The bear cub quickly scuttles after her. I decided to name him Coda from brother bear. I follow and perch behind a tree. There is a clearing and the panther grabs the cub and leaps over it. Without thinking, I sprint after them but find myself sinking. Yep, I'm slowly sinking into sinking sand. I've been so stupid and I might never make it back to the house. I struggle, ignoring all I've been told about what to do.
The sand is now knee deep. Qwertyuiop turns around, and walks straight towards me. Fearing the worst, I turn away. The panther closes his jaw around my upper arm. I close my eyes and ready for excruciating pain, but it doesn't come. Instead Qwertyuiop gently pulls me out of the sand and looks down at my face as I lay on the dirt. With a rough tongue, Qwertyuiop licks my face. I giggle and and reach out my hand. She yanks back his head, but slowly rests his head on my outstretched hand. She lays down right over me and the cub cuddles up right next to us. I guess she adopted me too. I close my eyes and rest my head and her warm fur. Hearing her heart beat, I am calmed and am soon asleep.