The Hunt Begins

I wake up to gunshots. "Dad! What is going on!" I yell jumping out of bed. "Why are people shooting?!" My dad comes in my room looking stressed. "Look I'll make this quick. Your mother and I are leaving. Granny Ava will be here any minute. Okay, so bye." "Dad,........." "Look," he says interrupting me. "I gotta go so I'll see you when I get back. Kisses." And with that my dad walked out of the room without another word.
Almost immediately, I hear gunshots again. Sprinting swiftly over to my huge window overlooking the forest, I see several strangely dressed men with guns chasing after I swift black figure. Without further doubt, I race down the stairs and fling open the creaking door. Shouting I run forward as fast as I can sprint. Coming to a quick stop, I halt right in front of the hunters. "Stop! You can't kill that Panther. He's tame." The tallest man, obviously the leader of the chase, comes face to face with me. "Look, girly. That Panther has been terrorizing our livestock for months. You're getting in our way. So move away so we can end this beast." "No. This beast just saved my life. Now it's my turn to return the favor."
A few of the men chuckle, and others just give me dirty looks. "Look, girl, I don't know where you're from, but no one here ever gets in the way of our hunt, if they want to come out unscathed." The man pushes me to the ground and grabs my face in his hand. Suddenly, Qwertyuiop leaps out from the brush and tackles the man attacking me. Biting him, blood leaks from his shirt. Qwertyuiop drops him and gives him a roar. A roar stating that she will fight, and she will win. The entire team turn and run, running until they cannot be seen by a telescope.
I look at Qwertyuiop, and noticing my gaze she gives a low growl. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you." I say defensively. " You saved my life. Again." Suddenly, Qwertyuiop sniffs the air. Giving a look of panic, her eyes dart everywhere, searching. Giving a cry, she looks around worriedly once more. Finally I realize what shes looking for. Or rather, who she's looking for. Coda had been taken!