chapter 20

Chapter 20

With a vibrating hum running down her spine Justice watched as the first piece of silver armor came flying from the box. With a velocity that used to knock her off her feet as a kid, Justice braced herself as the gauntlet hit her right arm first, attaching itself and activating. Like rain covering the form of a rock, her gauntlet moved on its own preprogrammed accord, extending the shiny metal down her fingers like a glove just as the other gauntlet rocketed across the open space hitting her other arm.

Piece after piece, the armor pulled away from their arm-like moorings in the box and soared the distance to her like big shiny magnets latching onto her torso and fitting over her breasts, each of her legs crawling up to form her curves, and lastly her back.

Growls and rapid clicks filled the air as her form grew taller from her greaves extending to the full height of her suit. Standing over seven plus feet now, Justice cast one last taunting smile to Jarak's widening inset eyes before catching the final flying piece with her clawed metal hand.

An arrogant laugh bubbled up from her core as Justice looked down at the shocked women's faces and the surrounding yautjas' growing lethal excitement.

"Oh yes," she purred aloud looking down at the helmet piece in her hand before meeting Rakkah's golden gaze directly. "It's about to go down," she warned with a wink before placing the open helmet-plate over her face.

Immediately the helmet latched on, connecting to her ocular interface and sending a final singing signal through her reinforced body. Justice blinked as she stared at the familiar blue heads-up-display within the mask. Feeling the helmet seal around her neck and at the back of her head, drawing in her braids, she felt the welcoming zing of the final piece of her suit vibrate through her diaminium frame.

"Wow," the little girls jumped and clapped together at the sight of her. "There's blue fire!" they pointed at the top of her head.

"By the stars above," Ember exclaimed her mouth hanging open as her eyes traveled up to no doubt stare at the plume of fire on top of her helmet. "You look like an ancient Earth Greek warrior."

"Yes," Justice nodded as she imagined what she looked like to them. Over seven feet tall, the silver diaminium suit took aspects in its design from ancient Earth paladin knights and even older Greek Spartan warriors.

Stepping back further from the women and girls, Justice lifted her arm and pointed her fist towards them and shot off one round from the concealed cannon above her wrist. Justice smiled within her helmet as both Rakkah and Akur flinched giving her threatening growls as they watched with unease as a red translucent barrier spread from the protruding object in the ground and curved into a semi-circle around the humans and children.

"That should protect you," her voice in the suit was deeper and thrummed with mechanical energy.

Confused, Ember adjusted Larsa on her hip. "Protect us from wha-"

At different points along her back the repulsors in her suit lit up as Justice read the numbers and adjusted the settings. Dust kicked up around her and she saw some of the yautja squint and some block their eyes. Unaffected by the sudden burst of heat and air coming from her suit, the girls and both women watched safely behind the translucent shield.

"Fly, fly, fly," all three girls chanted at once, quickly understanding what was about to happen.

Lifting one foot off the ground, Justice felt the steady pressure of thrust under her foot and stepped onto the air. Hovering off the ground now, she bent her knees increasing and gathering the energy into a single thrust--before taking off into the air with one final push.