Seven

Those three words would have made my heart sing and I would've obliged instantly just days before. But at that night, I hesitated. That's all I seemed to do at the party; hesitate. I wished I knew what the right thing was.

I turned around and looked at Luke. He sat up on the bed and was cradling his broken arm.

"Why?" I asked. I hugged myself. I felt cold. I was nervous.

"Why did he beat me up? What did I do wrong?" His questions broke my heart even more. A small voice in my head interjected my actions.

Demi, what are you doing? This guy broke up with you. He hurt you. He has a girlfriend. He doesn't care. If he did, you would still be in a relationship with him.

"I'm not sure." I lied. I felt awkward just standing so far away.

"Can you sit with me?" He asked. Even in the dim light of the room, I saw his blue eyes watering.

I slowly walked over and sat next to him. The bed sunk under our weight, and we were almost shoulder to shoulder.

Silence filled the room. I didn't know what to say and I'm sure he felt the same way. So much tension was about to be released if we decided to talk.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm okay." I lied again.

"Are...are you dating Jason?" Luke asked quietly.

"No." I didn't lie that time.

"He seemed pretty protective."

"So did you." My eyes widened as soon as the words escaped my mouth. I looked at him and he just had his head down.

"Yeah." Was all he could say. I felt extremely uncomfortable. Things weren't like they used to be anymore.

"I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here." I sighed.

"Well. I was on my way home. I'm not sure if this night could get any worse." Luke admitted.

"I'll make Jason apologize and--"

"No, Jason was only the cherry on top of the cake. Melissa cheated on me. Again."

"Oh." I assumed Melissa was that blonde girl. His girlfriend.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry, Luke." It felt so odd to say his name. It felt like a cuss word. Like I wasn't supposed to say it.

"It's not your fault." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"It's yours." I said, once again regretting the words that came out of my mouth.

"You're right," Luke nodded. "I shouldn't been more careful."

I stood up from the bed and yawned. I shouldn't have been there. I didn't care about Melissa or his broken wrist. It only made me more upset.

"Yeah, well, I'm sorry for your loss. Getting your heart broken sucks, doesn't it?" I smiled at him and Luke looked pained.

"Demi, all I've done tonight is argue and get my ass kicked. I don't need your attitude."

"Well maybe you deserve it." I shrugged, keeping eye contact to make my words more effective.

"Do you think that the breakup hurt me too?" Luke frowned.

"Of course not! You're the one who ended it!" My voice began to raise.

Luke snorted. "I had reasons behind it. You were getting way too clingy and you were such a bitch. You always had something to complain about in the end."

I slapped him across the face.

"Arrogant jackass. Melissa did the right thing." I turned on my heels and walked out of the room, not even looking back.

I didn't falter my pace as I jogged down the stairs. The party was still going strong and I headed straight towards the kitchen. A new couple had taken up the fridge as a make out place. I curled my lips in disgust.

Eww. Couples.

I found a half empty bottle of Vodka and mixed it with more of that cheap beer. I gulped down two red solo cups instantly and the rush came quickly.

Getting drunk and finding Jason was my only motive. I was done with Luke. Completely and utterly done. I wanted Jason.

Finding him was easy enough. He was sitting on one of the couches just watching people dance. His black eye had already gotten worse, but he cleaned up his bloody lip.

I pulled down my outfit a little, so my chest was much more revealing. I knew Jason was no doubt very upset with me, but I knew he couldn't resist what I was about to do.

I plopped right down on his lap and kissed him. I wrapped my arms around him and stuck my tongue into his mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jason asked as he pulled away.

"I just wanted to kiss you." I pouted. I definitely felt the alcohol in my body now.

"You're drunk. You need to go home." Jason said.

"But I want you." I whined and began to kiss along his jaw, slowly tracing with the tip of my tongue. Jason moved his hand up my thigh, but he stopped himself.

"You're making this hard for me. You're drunk and you're not in your right mind at--"

I nibbled ever so lightly on his neck and I felt his jaw clench.

"Demi, no," He picked me up and took my arm. "Stop. I'm taking you home."

He guided me to his car rather quickly. If it wasn't for him holding my arm, I would've fallen at least three times.

He helped me get into the passenger seat and buckled me up. I just wanted him to kiss me back.

He got into the driver's seat and started his car. He turned off the radio and began to drive to my home.

"You're stupid, Demi. Actually, you're not stupid. You're beautiful and smart, but just do stupid shit."

Of course in my drunken state, I didn't fully register that.

"You called me beautiful." I giggled.

"And I don't know what it is, but usually I would be down to have sex with any drunk chick. But you're hurt and drunk. I can't do that." Jason continued.

"It's only a little vodka!" I slurred happily.

"Only a little...yeah, okay. I dont even know why I'm doing this." Jason sighed and shook his head.

Time felt like slow motion but we reached my house around 1:30am. He came around and unbuckled me. I was already on my way to passing out. He carried me bridal style out of his car and into my house. My vision was blurred but he seemed to know where my room was.

He laid me down and I pulled him down with me. I began to kiss him like before, and I moved my hands up under his shirt. His hands gripped my hips tightly as he kissed me back, and our hips began to grind, but when I reached to take off his pants, he rolled over and stopped me.

"You're intoxicated. This isn't right. You need sleep, okay?" Jason tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek.

"But I want you..."I moaned.

"I know. And I'm really struggling here because you look really hot in that dress, but no. I'll see you tomorrow or something. Sleep well, okay?"

I nodded and he kissed my lips ever so softly. I was fading much too fast and as soon as Jason closed my door, I passed out.