Love Lost

"I didn't feel the need to kiss or anything... I just felt like we were friends... I tried... to ignore it... But I guess I fell out of love." She gazed into my eyes, smiling in pain, arms wrapped herself.

"I still love you." Opening towards her. "I hope you know I'll still be there for you, when you need it."

She shook her head, tears streamed down her cheeks, "I need time to sort myself out. I don't know."

I nodded, in defeat, as she turned away unable to convince her that I was still there for her. How? How did this happen?

Sun beating down on me, no clouds in sight, a small gust of wind blew and suddenly it felt like it was winter. It's so cold... My heart trembled, trying to contain these tears from spilling. Taking the first step like I was being crushed under a mountain, my heart felt brittle, on the verge of imploding. Maybe it already did.

Closing the door behind me, I stare at the dead empty room, all the colors drained by the cloudy sky. Or maybe it was me. Did I do something wrong? What went wrong? Surely she must be joking? She'll come back, right? Tears escaped my eyes, my heart trembled. Don't do this to me. Don't leave me not after all the memories you've left with me.

"I'm not mad that you left me. I'm mad that I was an option and not a priority. Or was it something else? Was it me, was I not good enough? I don't know."