╰┈➤❝ 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 ❞

╳°»。 ∾·⁙· ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ·⁙·∾ 。«°╳

°» ·· ·· «°

"Yes, yes- I know, I'm almost there." Kana Sato, sighed into her phone, staring out at the scenery that the train sped past. Blurred crowds and high buildings. Japan really was a beautiful place. Kana snapped back into reality once she heard Ema's nervous voice over the phone.

"Do you remember everyone's names and faces? How about the map I gave you? Did you forget anything-"

"Ema." Kana sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. She realized she had raised her voice a little too much and mouthed an apology to the older woman next to her. She didn't seem to be too happy with Kana interrupting her magazine reading.

"Yes?" Ema asked after Kana hadn't said anything. Kana turned back to stare out the window again as she continued calmly.

"I'm sure I and my eidetic memory will have no trouble remembering all the information you threw at me last month," Kana made sure to throw as much sarcasm she could into her words. Don't get her wrong, she loves Ema, but sometimes the college girl can be a bit too much.

College. It's strange to think that Ema was in college now. Kana reminded herself that the girl was only eight years younger.

"Oh- right, sorry." Ema's sheepish voice reached Kana's ears, once again bringing her back into reality.

"Don't say sorry," Kana mumbled curtly.

"Sorry."

Kana sighed once again. There was a sudden commotion on the other side of the phone.

"Yusuke- no!" Ema suddenly gasped "I'm sorry Auntie, I've got to go- Yusuke and Fuuto are getting into another fight."

"It's alright-" Ema hung up. Kana let her arm fall and stared at her phone for a moment.

6:01

She was so late. She was supposed to arrive at Sunrise Residence in the morning. Kana rested her head against the seat, slowly closing her eyes. Oh well, the time doesn't matter much anyway.

Kana strolled down the dark street with her suitcase rolling behind her, listing off the numbers of houses as she walked.  The neighborhood Sunrise Residence was placed in wasn't bad looking, in fact, it was a clean and nice-looking place.  No trash, no graffiti, no suspicious sights.  The ebony-haired woman was relieved to know that Ema lived in such a safe-looking neighborhood.  But, she still needed to keep her guard up.  Even the most pleasant of places can be the deceiving ones.  Kana caught the sight of a dark shadow out of the corner of her eye. She quickly looked over to see-

A cat. Sitting on top of a half wall, the black cat stared at Kana with wide golden eyes.

Kana's shoulders slumped down. "Just a cat," Kana mumbled. The cat tilted its head.