╰┈➤❝ 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑 ❞

╳°»。 ∾·⁙· ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ·⁙·∾ 。«°╳

°» ·· ·· «°

"Mom, we don't have any money for food." Kana's eleven-year-old self stood at the doorway of the cramped and run-down space she called home. It had been two years since Mamoru had died, and things around Kana just began to get worse.

Her mother- a pale and skinny woman- laid face up in their dirty mattress. She didn't reply, continuing to stare up at the ceiling like she always had, only moving when someone was force-feeding her, and that's when she began screaming.

Kana sighed heavily. She walked over to her mom and squatted down. "Mom." She didn't reply.

Finally giving up, Kana stood and slipped into her boots. "I'm going out," She called back, opening the door to her home and slamming it on her way.

This was her life now. She just had to get used to it. It was her life and it wasn't going to change anytime soon. It was all up to her now.

Walking down the packed sidewalk of the city, Kana scanned the crowd, looking for easy steals. She was never as good as her brother, but she was okay.

Spotting a man in a tan trench coat and styled black hair, Kana began to creep up on him. She then decided to strike and ran past him, making sure to bump into the older man.

"Sorry!" She yelled back, continuing to run.

Before Kana could successfully get away the man caught her wrist. Kana looked up, panic in her eyes.

Instead of getting hit, Kana was met with a kind smile.

"Hello there, my name's Rintarou. Can I have my wallet back so that we can chat?"

"Kaaaanaaaa!"

Kana's wide eyes opened, gasping in a breath. She looked around, seeing that she was in her room at Sunrise Residence. The morning sun seeped in through her curtains. Kana then zeroed in on Wataru who stood directly over her.

"You're awake! I've been trying to get you up for a really long time now." Wataru pouted, crossing his arms.

Kana sat up against the bed slowly, still reeling from what she dreamt of. Why was she going back into the past so much these days? "Sorry Wataru, I guess I'm a heavy sleeper."

Wataru laughed "It's okay!" He sat on the bed next to Kana "I'm about to go to school- I just really wanted to say bye!"

Kana would've been mad for being woken up for something like that, but she was thankful. She didn't want to remember the past more than she needed to.

Kana ruffled Wataru's hair "Goodbye Wataru. Have fun at school." She gave him a small smile.

Wataru made some noise that seemed to be one of happiness and wrapped his arms around Kana, hugging her tightly. "Thanks!"