Coldest point

Narrator's POV
Eli started putting on his layers of clothing. He put on some gloves and a beanie with a cute bird picture on it. He was about to leave his room when he remembered about Ivory that was looking at him confused.
"Oh yeah, do you rather walk with me in bird form or human? If you rather walk on foot instead of resting on my shoulder then I think I have some more clothing you can wear," Eli offered.

"Are you sure it's fine to wear your clothing?" Ivory said obviously embarrassed.

"Don't worry it's fine," Eli reassured as he extended his arm towards Ivory holding a big puffy jacket. Ivory blushed for a quick second until he grabbed the jacket and put it on himself. The fluffy inside and the puffy outside of the jacket made him felt warm in every way.

"It hold on don't put it on yet, you have to fly down to the front door then you can, I can't be having you walking out with me in human form," Eli said.

Ivory nodded as he took off the jacket and handed it to Eli. Ivory transformed into a sparrow again and flew through the window. As that was happening Eli closed the door behind him to his room and started walking downstairs.

Right when Eli stepped a foot downstairs he had to face eye contact with his parents.

"Hey honey, lunch is on the table-" Eli's mom was cut off.

"Yeah whatever, I'm going out. I'll be back later than usual. I won't be needing dinner," Eli said in frustration. Eli's mom could see the angry expression on his face.

"Eli wait I'm sorry-" Eli's mom asserted.

"I don't care," Eli said in a monotone voice before leaving the house, slamming the door shut behind him. Eli emerged from the doorway as he saw Ivory in human form building a tiny snowman beside his house.

"I didn't know you were the snowman building type," Eli smirked.

"Ah! Uhm, sorry I was getting bored. That took longer than expected, did anything happen?" Ivory asked, obviously concerned.

"Yeah nothing big, I just wanted to eat an apple before leaving, you ready to go on an adventure?" Eli mentioned.

"Yeah! Let's go, I haven't been outside for days. This is gonna be fun, especially with you," Ivory responded.

"What was that last part?" Eli added.

"Nothing! Cmon let's get moving," Ivory remarked as he jumped up from the snow and Eli's hand reached out to his hand.

"Hand please, I don't want you getting lost in the snow. It's extremely tall where we're going," Eli requested. Ivory blushed a bit and latched onto Eli's hand.

With Ivory's hand in one hand and a shovel in the other, Eli started shoveling away the snow in the path as they went deeper and deeper into the city.

Finally, after what seemed to be forever. Eli dropped the shovel and stood in awe at the huge wall of snow towering over them.

"What is that?!" Ivory gasped as he quickly stumbled a few steps backward.

"This is what used to be the busiest street of the city before the blizzard, or at least that's what my parents said," Eli answered.

"I usually stopped shoveling the snow up to here but today, because of how tall this is getting. Let's have fun inside the gigantic wall," Eli added. Once he finished that sentence, Eli started to dig his way through the wall until reaching the middle making a human sized hole for him and Ivory, but a mouse hole to the wall.

Eli signaled to Ivory to walk through the tunnel Eli made and inside it was extremely cozy actually. It was comfier than the outside which made Ivory feel at ease. Eli quickly started to make some more room in the tunnel making multiple hallways they could crawl through. The two of them working together to make tiny rooms extending from the hallways made the what used to be tunnel into a tiny house. Although they could still only crawl, they made the rooms a lot more spacious to the point where they can stand up in them.

They played around in their snow home until Ivory dug a little further into the wall. He dug so far to the point where he hit the other side of the wall. He broke through and what he saw was enchanting. He rapidly looked for Eli and told signaled him to follow. They crawled through the almost maze like house and showed Eli the wonderland hiding behind the huge snow wall. They crawled out of the wall and there it was.

A beautiful snowy forest that surprisingly wasn't filled to the brim with snow and ice

A beautiful snowy forest that surprisingly wasn't filled to the brim with snow and ice. The forest Eli usually went to was dull and boring and at any chance a huge icicle hanging from a tree could penetrate him. This forest was gorgeous. There was an almost translucent verglas on the floor of the forest. The snow on the trees felt like how Eli imagined clouds to feel like. Everything about this place was heavenly. Their awe was stopped by the sunset.

Eli and Ivory quickly rushed home, it was getting extremely late. They crawled through the tunnels and ran back home. Ivory handed Eli his jacket and turned back into a sparrow to fly up to Eli's room. Eli bursted through the door and took off his boots and ran upstairs, not even noticing his parents.

He entered his room noticing Ivory relaxed on the carpet of Eli's room. Eli grabbed his inside clothes and ran off to the bathroom. His outfit consisted of a t-shirt with a simple and fluffy jacket on top, sweats, and blue/pink striped thigh highs. He walked out of the bathroom and made his way back into his room. He opened the room quietly hoping to catch Ivory off guard. Although, what Eli saw caught him off guard instead. He opened the door to see Ivory trying on a white skirt he found in Eli's closet. They looked at each other, not daring to move a muscle. All until Eli decided to break the silence.

"Well, this is interesting," Eli said with a smile.

A/n - Hello! I want to try something new next chapter. Aka starting to write the date in this story of mine. You'll see what I mean but I think it'll be a nice addition. The dates won't be corresponding to the actual day and night cycle in the story, soooo expect large gaps in between dates.  I hope this was enough to satisfy you guys. Thanks for reading!
Word count - 1115