Chapter 2 - The Game

Narrator's POV

Anthony scanned the crowd and saw Jasmine with her face buried in a book. Who comes to a game and reads?, he thought. He sighed, and when he heard hike, he ran. He was in the end zone with 5 people guarding him. With 5 seconds on the clock he saw the ball coming towards him. He winked at Jasmine, jumped up, and put a hand in the air. He caught the ball with one hand and landed on two feet. The crowd went silent. The ref threw both hands into the air (for anyone who doesn't know, that means touchdown) and the crowd went wild. Anthony's teammates tossed him up and down in the air. He laughed as they put him down. He looked around and saw Jasmine, in his jacket, clapping and smiling. He took his helmet off, pointed to her, and wrenched his finger, telling her to come to him. She pointed to herself and he nodded. She shook her head, no, and he rolled his eyes. He waved her over and she shook her head no once again. He sighed and shook his head.

He ran through the crowd of people and into the stands.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?", she shouted over the noise. He picked her up and hugged her, kissing her cheek. "Congrats on the win..", she said as they pulled away.

"Thank you.", he said, out of breath. She motioned for him to put her down, but he kept holding her. He ran down the steps and onto the field. "Anthony, no!", she said. "What, you don't want to be the only girl on the field?", he said, smiling. She nodded and he put her down, grabbing her hand and making sure she won't run. "EVERYBODY ON THE FIELD!", he shouted. Everyone screamed and ran onto the field. "Now you aren't alone.", he whispered. He pulled back and smiled. Then, he grabbed the back of her neck, and kissed her.

She was surprised at first, but she kissed him back. The kiss was pulled to an abrupt stop when they felt something wet on their heads. He looked up and saw the Gatorade canister above their heads like a mistletoe. He looked at her and she looked surprised. He picked her up and spun her around. "Let's go to the locker room.", Daveed said as Anthony put Jasmine down. "Wait for me?", he said and she nodded.

He showered, changed, then ran back to the empty field. "JASMINE?! JAZZY?! JAS?!", he shouted. No response. He sighed and went home.
----------------------------------------------------
Jasmine's POV

When I walked into school today, everyone stared. Usually a few guys whistled, a few people asked for some homework, and Emmy met up with me. Today everyone just stared. Like usual, Emmy came up to me and started talking, but this time about a different subject. I stuffed his jacket farther into my book bag as she talked.

Anthony's POV

I waited for Jasmine to get in today. I was so confused why she didn't to wait for me even though she agreed to. When she walked in, I saw her shove something white and green into her book bag. My varsity jacket. I ran up to her and said, "Hey, why didn't you wait for me?"

"Take this.", she said, shoving the jacket into my chest and walking away.

"Wait, no, it's yours."

"No. I don't want it. Leave me alone."

"Jasmine, what's going on?"

"Asia told me the truth."

I shot an angry glare at Asia, the Regina George of NUHS. "What did she tell you?"

"The truth."

"What's the truth?"

"That the two of you are together."

"That's a lie. We slept together once in Junior year, that's the most we've ever done together."

"Are you sure? She seemed pretty sure."