Chapter 4 - Meeting The Parents

Narrator's POV

When Anthony walked into class, he sat directly next to Jasmine. He passed her a note that said, 'Sorry about last night. My mom wants to meet you.' Her eyes widened and she blushed. To make her laugh, he rose his hand.

"Yes, Anthony?"

"Can I go to the nurse?"

"Why?"

"My back hurts.", he said. She snorted. "Wait, someone's out already." He nodded. After school, she meet him at his locker. "Hi."

"Well, hello there."

"Jasmine, you're glowing.", Emmy said, cutting her eyes at the couple. He blushed as she said, "I'm taking that as a compliment, thank you."

"Hey, Jasmine.."

"Yah?"

"How was your night?" Anthony choked on his water and Jasmine blushed.

"Fine, watched a lot of TV."

"Weird. Your SnapMap said you were with Anthony until 11."

"We went to see a movie, what's up with the interrogation?"

"What movie did you see?"

"365 Days..", she said, stifling a laugh.

"That's on Netflix."

"They had a special showing."

"Okay, was it 3D?"

"What do you mean?"

"When you came home, you were waddling a bit." Anthony busted out in laughter and walked off, then came back.

"Hey, Emmy."

"Yeah?"

"You got so many question, where were you last night?"

"Out."

"With Daveed. At Midnight. Alone. At his house."

"I'm not the one in question here."

"Oh, but you are. Em, you have a hickey.", Jasmine said as Emmy's hand flew to her neck. Daveed stood there in shock and Jasmine and Anthony busted out in laughter.

"So, we all had a good night then?", Anthony said, wrapping an arm around Jasmine. They nodded and headed to class.
——————————————————————
After school, Jasmine met Anthony at the locker room, and they walked to his car. He opened the door for and and shut it when she stepped in. When they arrived, Jasmine started shaking.

"Bonita.."

"Ant, I can't do this.."

"Bonitaaa.."

"It's just.."

"Jas."

"What?"

"Look at me.", he said. She turned her head and he cupped her cheek.

"Bonita, you're gonna do great. They already know a lot about you and they already love you. I know this is scary, but, I'll be right here."

She breathed and nodded and put sunglasses on. "Let's do this.", she said. He laughed as they walked out of the car and up to the door. He felt his pockets and whispered, "Shit, I left my key in my locker."

He threw rocks at a window and a girl stuck her head out.

"WHAT?!"

"LEMME IN, STEPH."