One, monster

Bruises//Shawmila (editing)

This was my first book so it may be a little cringy and there's a lot of spelling mistakes but I'm going to fix that right now.

If you read this when it first came out in May of 2021 and stuck with it all the way to the end, thank you , if you're reading this now thank you , and if you read the first few chapters and stopped because it was to cringy I understand, thank you for checking it out.

Camilla's POV

I cover up the last visible bruise with my Foundation, I was in the bathroom getting ready for school.

" senior year here I come ", I softly say, I feel a hand wrap around my waste, I knew exactly who it was, it was my boyfriend of 3 years Carter, I look up in the mirror to see him standing behind me., his black hair looking like it hasn't been brushed, he gave me an evil smile with his sharp jawline, I felt his hot breath come up to my ear.

" and where exactly do you think you're going "? he's deep scary, but yet so familiar voice filled my ears.

His grasp was really tight,"um School", I said trying not to sound terrified, he nods slowly releasing his grasp on my waist, I try to walk past him but before I could he blocked me from the doorway," give me a kiss first or you're not going", I get on my tippy toes because he's really tall, and give him a peck on the lips.

"Mm mm ", he said shaking his head, " I said a kiss that was a peck".

" come on babe" I'm already late", I wine.

" You're going to be more late if you don't give me that kiss, and you might even end up with a black eye to".

Scared of what he said I get up on my tippy toes again, and this time I take his lips in longer.

" good girl", he says giving me a hard smack on my butt.

I walked out of the bathroom, and quickly down the stairs, me and Carter have our own place.

when we first started dating he seemed like a perfect guy, but soon that all changed... he became abusive.

he refuses to meet my family but him and my little sister Sofia have been in the same room together, but they never actually talk because she is scared of him.

she doesn't know that he abuses me, but she told me how she feels when she's in the same room with him.

she said she feels uncomfortable and just unsafe, she said she doesn't know why, but I do of course.

Thanks to him I missed the bus and now I have to walk to school.

a little bit of backstory on my life before Carter.

I have a best friend Shawn, we have been best friends since I can remember.

he's always there for me when I need him the most, of course Carter doesn't like that.

Carter has never actually met Shawn in person, but he knows he exists.