Letter #7

February 1st

Dear Denali,

This month is Valentine’s Day and I have mixed feelings about it. I’m so thankful for the love of my friends I know I’ll have on that day, but I cannot forget the person that should be there with me.

I’ve never been a romantic person, I used to hate Valentine’s Day, but you loved it, and you were so excited every year, and that made me loved it too, because I enjoyed to see you happy. I remember our first Valentine’s together. We went to the carnival and you wanted to go to the ride, and when we were sitting you got scared and wanted to get down, but it was too late for that. So, the whole ride you were with you eyes closed holding my hand tight and muttering “I don’t like this, Rosie”; and when finally it was done, I had to bought you a cotton candy because you were still scared.

And the fact that I know that I will never have another day like that one, it’s killing me. You gave me the best memories, and now you became a memory.

Also, my friends told me that I should meet someone else, that it might help with my pain, and sometimes I agree. But I’m worried, Nali. I’m worried that nothing else will ever feel like love again after you.

I’m still not ready to accept that you’re gone. I’m working on it, but I have to admit that day was not arrived yet. Maybe it never will.

Love, Rosie