A New Start

Kyoko woke up to her alarm clock beeping. She quickly got up and shut it off. Her heart was racing and she knew why.

"I guess I had another bad dream." She had been having a lot of bad dreams lately, but she didn't know why. It was almost as bad as they used to be. She took a hairbrush and combed her hair until it was smooth. She took a hair tie and made a braid in her hair. She got dressed in her school uniform from her old school, grabbed a granola bar, and headed off to school.

Kirigiri overheard chatter from many people and saw many faces that looked too old to be in her class. She looked in front of her to see a boy standing straight at the front doors watching over everyone, a boy sitting on the steps on his phone, and two girls standing awfully close to each other. Everyone else either hadn't got there yet or was walking with Kirigiri. The man standing straight sped walked to her and put out his hand.

"Hello there young lady! I'm Kiyotaka Ishimaru, it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure if you follow the rules, we will become the best of friends!" She awkwardly shook his hand then quickly walked away. She could already tell she wasn't going to be anywhere near friends with him, he was too annoying and didn't tend to get along with teacher's pets. She stood in the corner while she waited for the doors to open and get this day done with. Eventually, once everyone was there, they all heard the doors open and saw a man step out.

"Welcome everyone. I'm Jin Kirigiri, your headmaster. I will be showing you to your classroom and being your teacher for the day. If you can even call what I'm doing as teaching." He chuckled. Everyone else seemed to be aroused with his lightheartedness, but Kyoko knew the truth. He was selfish and wanted only to pursue his own dreams. She rolled her eyes and entered the building along with everyone else.

She found her desk was the first seat in the front row. Next to her was the boy sitting on his phone and behind her were the two girls she saw earlier.

"Now, let's start off by getting to know each other. We should do an icebreaker, right?" The other students seemed to agree. "You'll say your name, your talent, one thing you like, and one thing you dislike. Easy enough. Kyoko, you should go first." Her heart almost stopping, she gave an annoyed face at her dad but did what he said anyway.

"My name is Kyoko Kirigiri. I'm the Ultimate Detective, I like my hair braids, and I dislike goya." Many of her classmates gawked when they heard her last name. Kyoko ignored them and sat back down, slightly slumping in her seat. "Next Makoto, and we'll go along the line of desks."

"Uh, my name is Makoto Naegi. My talent is the Ultimate Lucky Student. I guess I like curry, and I dislike dried mackerel."

"I'm Sayaka Maizono. You might have heard of me and know I'm the Ultimate Pop Sensation. I like making people smile, and I dislike country music." You could see Sayaka hold in a gag as she sat down.

"I'm Celestia Ludenberg, but you may call me Celeste. I am the Ultimate Gambler. I like gambling, and I hate losing." Kyoko knew they wouldn't be getting along. Not that they would hate each other, but they would know to both leave each other alone.

"I'm Aoi Asahina!" She cheered. "I'm the Ultimate Swimmer Pro, I like donuts, and I dislike calculating." She seems very cheerful, Kyoko thought. She didn't think that being cheerful was a bad thing, but for her, it might become a problem.

"I'm Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Fashionista! I like... fashion, and I dislike my sister!" She said a little too cheerfully.

"I'm Mukuro Ikusaba. I'm the Ultimate Solider. I like my sister Junko, and I dislike wearing makeup." Kyoko didn't guess that they were sisters at first, they looked so different it was hard to come to the conclusion that they were. Other people shared their selves, but Kyoko found herself not paying attention to the other ones.