Chapter 11: Hate is in the blood

Your P.O.V.

Sun rays filled my eyes as I searched for Yun along with Hak and Yona. It had only been a couple of days since I met him, but I knew he wasn't the kind of guy who leaves for that long without warning somebody first.

I had a really bad hunch that I couldn't seem to shake off, and the fear he might have been captured by Kouka soldiers was still there, looming in a corner of my mind.

"Stay close..." I ordered "The fog is so dense I can barely see anything."

"Why has the weather changed so much?" Yona asked as she clutched onto my robes, a bit scared of getting lost.

"It is said that the White Dragon's village is hidden by fog from foreigners so nobody can find it, you know, as a way to protect the Dragon's blood and to have a tactical advantage in case they were attacked."

"This must mean we are near the village, right?" Hak inquired, suddenly tensing even more. I'm sure he felt it, too.

We were no longer alone.

"We are only half a mile away from it. I can feel his presence is still there. I have to warn you, though, he won't be happy to see me." I assured while putting my cloak on to hide my hair, in case they recognized me by the color of it.

"Is it because of the Dragon's blood?" Hak questioned.

"Well... the legends say the Purple Dragon betrayed Master Hiryuu. To their eyes, I'm just a filthy traitor. And I bet they want to see me dead."

"D-Dead?" Yona stammered, looking me in the eyes with a panicked expression.

"Don't worry, Princess. Everything will be alright. Especially when he meets you. If his reaction is the same as mine, he will be tamed and left defenseless for some time."

"That happened to you, too?" She inquired, tilting her head to one side.

"Yes, although I hid it pretty well. After all, I couldn't let anybody know." I sentenced, a change in the air making my senses sharpen. I leaned closer to the Princess as Hak lifted his Hsu Quandao.

"It looks like we are not alone anymore..." he sentenced.

"Princess, stay close to me. This might be dangerous." and with that said, I placed my Kama on my hands, ready to fight. Hak then swung his weapon, making all the fog go away and revealing several armed villagers.

"He cleared the place with one blow..." one of them said, surprised.

"Who are you?" their leader inquired, pointing an arrow at me and Yona, suddenly diverting his gaze towards her. "Wait, does that girl have crimson hair?"

"Do you think she is the one we've been waiting for...?" another man asked.

They started mumbling all sort of things, until Yona spoke for us.

"Please! Have you seen an orange-haired boy? He got separated from us and we can't find him anywhere."

"If we tell you, will you accompany us to the village?"

We exchanged glared and nodded, lowering my Kama and letting Hak be the only one on guard during our way there.

"Show us the way." The crimson-haired girl sentenced.

"Please, follow us." And with that, we began walking again.

Hak's P.O.V.

In less than half an hour, we spotted a small village full of silver-haired habitants. They all seemed to be having fun. Well. Everyone except Yun, who was trapped inside a giant cage.