Chapter 20: Let me hear you laugh again

Shin ah's dream

In the middle of a meadow, a man with blue hair and yellow eyes lay down, unconscious. Hundreds of soldiers' corpses surrounded him, but he could see more enemies coming towards him.

"I can't move... this is it..." he thought while collapsing on the solid and muddy ground.

And after that, a familiar figure appeared from behind some trees, calling his name.

"Abi! Abi! Where are you?"

The blue-haired man tried to answer, but the paralysis didn't allow him to raise his voice. Besides, his breathing was weaker and weaker. The Five Dragons' power was starting to take its toll on him.

By the time one of his brothers arrived, at least a hundred of soldiers were seen in the horizon.

"Abi! Thank God, I've found you!" the Purple Dragon exclaimed. He then placed Abi on his back and started running away, deep into the forest. The fog inside was really dense.

"Yo...ru..." the blue-haired man managed to stammer. He didn't understand why, but the sudden contact made him regain his strength little by little. Also, a pleasant warmth filled his frozen body.

"It's okay Abi. Don't force yourself. The rest will be here soon enough, but first I need to get rid of those soldiers. I can't let them get near Master Hiryuu. And I won't allow them to harm you either."

"Don't... dang...erous..."

At that moment, the Purple Dragon found a huge tree with shallow roots which made an almost unperceivable cave. He hid the Blue Dragon there. Where only the other Dragon Warriors could find him.

The other Dragon intended to leave, and then Abi's yellow eyes filled with tears. He saw the purple-haired man was also injured in several places.

"I know it's not a sensible decision, but still... I can't let them hurt my dear family. Abi, don't cry. I promise we'll see each other again." He kissed his forehead and, in a blink of an eye, the Purple Dragon Warrior disappeared with his Kama, as if he had just vanished in the fog.

However, the Blue Dragon was able to see everything.

And how his brother fought until there was nobody standing in that bloody battlefield.

Not even Yoru.

Shin ah's P.O.V.

Early in the morning, I heard Yun's voice waking up everyone in the group. It felt weird since I'm not used to somebody waking me up, but also because I had an odd dream. It was so real... and yet, I couldn't remember much about it.

"Shin ah, come here or Hak will eat your breakfast!"

Kija's warning made me react and without even realizing it, I was already eating my serving. The food I was given in the cave was nowhere near as good as Yun's cooking.

I stared at my surroundings. I felt lighter, relieved. Seeing the sun again, having somebody with whom I could share new experiences... I was delighted to have been given such blessing.

I wasn't alone anymore.

And I had reunited with my brothers. Although I have to admit in the beginning, I wasn't excited about meeting the Purple Dragon. My blood kept making me think about the word traitor and when I first had him in front of me and saw his bloody eyes, my entrails willed to attack and kill him.

I grabbed my sword to strike him, but I remembered Kija's words. And I truly trusted him. So, instead or intending to murder him, we changed the plan. Our mission was let everyone escape and restrain him until everyone was safe.