Part ten

Suddenly words, or rather a word, came out of my mouth, "why?" Jimin smiled at me, "y/n, I know you were engaged to Jungkook. It would be selfish to continue this marriage." 

"H-how?" Did Jungkook tell him I wasn't Hyunjae? 

"How what?" Jimin sat down and took my hands. "How did yo-you know I-" 

Jimin cut me off, "I knew since you told me you were pregnant. Hyunjae can't have kids. When we met, we spoke about kids and stuff like that." 

"So why were you so cold to me before?" Jimin sighed, "I didn't want to marry Hyunjae, not because I was dating someone else but because I liked you. You were obviously engaged so Hyunjae was the next option." 

Jimin drew circles against the back of my hand, "you probably don't even remember me but we were in highschool and college together. I was two years ahead of you. I always liked you, y/n. I just never had the courage to tell you." 

Scenes flashed through my head. Hyunjae. She told me about Jimin. She did this. 

"Hyunjae did this," I blurted out. Jimin stared at me, "what? She did this?" I nodded. 

"Okay, I'm coming back now." Jimin rushed out the room. 

Jimin's words from earlier rang through my head.  Jimin wanted to marry me? So that's why he probably never confronted me about it. He wanted to stay with me. 

His behaviour changes made so much sense. The way he treated me like we were actually in love. 

"Miss, I'm here to collect your statement." A police officer walked in and sat next to me. 

I told him what happened as I did, he jotted down everything. 

"We will find your sister, and will come back for any follow up questions. Take care." 

I lay back and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep. 

"Y/n?" I opened my eyes. "You need to eat something." Jungkook placed food in front of me. 

"Kook," I met his doe eyes, "you don't need to do all of this." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, "do what?" 

"Care for me. What I did to you was so wrong and I understand tha-" Jungkook kissed me, making me keep quiet. 

"I don't care what you did, y/n, I love you and I always will." I stared at him, "but you were going away to clear your head and you were so angry…" 

"I know but I just love you so much." I stared down at my hands. 

Why wasn't I happy? I should be happy that Jungkook still loved me and wanted to be with me.

I looked up and saw Jimin looking at me. He smiled at me and held a thumbs up.

"Baby," Jungkook tapped my arm, "also Jimin told me to give you this." Jungkook handed me a large envelope. 

I opened it and pulled out the stack of papers inside. 

Divorce papers.