1: Enter the Raven

Mitch tapped his fingers against his thigh. It was far to late for anyone to function, nearing midnight, yet the sheriff's station was bustling with deputies. He sighed, stepped from his car, and pushed open the door.

It smelled the same. Sweat, paper, ink, frustration. The AC was busted, like always, so it was hot as balls. Most had taken off their button ups, something the sheriff only allowed in the middle of summer. They all had tee underneath.

"Hi, I'm looking for the sherriff?" He smiled at the dest Sergeant. She leveled him an unimpressed look.

"What for?"

His eyes flick up to the posters behind her head. His missing person's poster.

"Hey, Stiles," Parrish said easily as he walked back. Two seconds later, the man backtracked. "Holy shit!"

"Hey, Parrish," he smirked casually at the deputy. "How ya been?"

"Sherriff!" Parrish tugged Mitch through the desks to the office.

"Parrish!" He protested as he wrenched open the door of the office. He was pushed inside, he nearly whipped around and took Parrish down. Noah looked him over quickly.

"Stiles..." his dad stood walked around the desk, and reached for his face. He caught the outstretched hand with a tight and fake smile.

"Please don't. I'll cry," he croaked softly. Noah tsked and hugged his son tightly.

There is one thing Mitch hates about the way he left.

He never said goodbye to his father. He simply texted after his plane landed in DC to say that, after Donovan and the Chimera's, he joined the FBI.

He sighed shakily, gripped his father's shirt tightly.

Parrish excused himself back to his work.

Slowly, the two pull back from each other.

"What happened to you?"

"I dropped out of the FBI, went to college, became a mechanic. Been working jobs here and there," he answered with a nod.

"After Katrina... I thought you died, Stiles."

"I felt like it," he admits. "But, I'm home." There was something in his voice.

"Your leaving again."

"A few months, yeah. The shop I worked at mandated me a few months leave."

"Why?"

"Started working there 3 years ago. Havent taken off time," he explained. "My boss was annoyed and gave me leave."

"A mechanic," Noah shakes his head and sighs. "I'm got a few hours left, Melissa should be getting home shortly."

"Yeah, I heard about your marriage. I'm happy for you."

"I'll send her a text."

"Alright. I'll probably just crash, so I'll see you in the morning."

"Night kid."

The drive home was quiet, Mitch was glad.

Melissa was snacking on leftovers when he opened the door. She gives him a bright smile.

"Stiles, you're home."

"Hey, Melissa," he smiled, falsely, and accepted her hug.

"Hungry? I can heat you up Something."

"No. I'm just gonna crash. Thanks though."

"Of course. I'm assuming we aren't telling the pack?"

"No, not yet," he nods and makes for the stairs.

"Oh! Lydia had a nightmare the other night. Called Scott, Scott called me. Something about 'beware the winged death, beware the raven'? She also say alpha eyes, so just be careful honey."

"Of course, I always am."