Part 2: Payback

"It's a brand new day in the werk room", said Violet grinning ear to ear as her and Sunny hopped to their stations. The runway group was so used to Violet's rpdr quotes that they didn't even mind it, as annoying as it was.

Jade pulled out her phone, but as she kept switching from fearless to fearful back and forth, she had second thoughts about turning on those notifications. Before she could even decide what state of fear she was on Amaya, like the jack-in-the-box that she was, jumped in front of Jade's way, "so, what did she say?", she said a little too loud, interrupting the girls who were trying to get to work. "Chill", said Jade discretely, "I didn't turn on my notifications yet...maybe it's not the right time, I mean we have a project to work on and-"

"Whoever has their consent forms for the trip to Paris, I'm collecting so chop chop!", a girl with a bob hairstyle cut Jade mid sentence. Amaya, Skyler, and Jade stopped what they were doing to grab their forms. In doing so, Jade's habit of pausing music on her phone caused her thumb to slip and turned those notifications on in the blink of an eye.

Jade's soul evaporated from her body, and her heart jumped in her throat. "Jade? What's wrong?", asked Amaya, then remembering Jade's only reason to react that way, "What did she say?", she added while Skyler took care of their consent forms. "I don't wanna know", said Jade, putting her phone on her pocket, still in shock. "Let's get to work guys, this runway project isn't gonna do itself", Jade added trying to sound as bossy as she could to conceal her nervous state.

"Paris! Can you believe it?", said Violet, excessively excited she almost shed a tear. "As much as I can believe we're going to...", Sunny answered with suspense, "Paris fashion week!!!", they both exclaimed in sync. "I can't wait till we go sight seeing tho! Ooh, Vi you should vlog the whole experience you'll get like eleventy million views!". "Eh, that's not nearly enough to out compete Karma Nichols. Check how many views she's got for taking creds of our #BackFlipBesties cheer choreo", Violet pulled out her phone to show Sunny a video from Kontent with Karma titled 'My New Cheer Choreography *FAIL*'. "No fair she called it a fail", cried Sunny sounding like a cartoon puppy dog, "bold of her to assume you can't outshine her...You can right?". "Of course", said Violet with a secure tone, "We're going to Paris, even better, We're going to Paris fashion week. I'll snatch those views when we're there". "Pretty sure she already did that", reassured Sunny, "all first years go on this trip remember?". "I knew that", said Violet doubting her answer. "What I meant to say was...Paris is a big place, there's so many cool things to do it'll be a piece of cake finding something that'll help me outshine Karma. Here, I'll even find something right now", she said viciously, scrolling through the Paris hash tag on IG. "Alright let's see...music festivals, gourmet restaurants, cycling parks, and wow they have really cool museums". "Hate to break it to you Vi, but Karma's done all that", Ruby chimed in, double checking Karma's channel. She cared for Violet so much that she was outwardly honest with her, even if it came off as rude sometimes. Violet was seemingly lost in the turmoil of ideas as Sunny said, "Don't worry Vi, you're still a great influencer...you'll outshine Karma when you're destined to-"
"Wait!", jumped Violet scrolling to the next post which caught her attention, "I think I just found it", her jaw on the floor. Seeing the look of interest in Sunny and Ruby's faces, Violet went on and read, "Mama Ru needs you, show us your best lip sync and you can stand a chance to guest judge on our world premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race France". Before she could even finish reading the rest of it, Sunny and Violet squeaked like little girls - as quietly as possible because they were supposed to be working on their runway project, not to mention that Miss Wright didn't even catch Violet on her phone yet. With that in mind, Ruby encouraged Violet and Sunny to get back to work before anyone got into trouble.

End of chapter notes: I know y'all probably missed this detail but in case you did: yes, I know a school like rainbow high wouldn't have the students hand in physical copies of a consent form, but for plot purposes I had to do it this way y'all so uh...Let's pretend it's normal k?