xli. that's not funny

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔
FORTY ONE — ( THAT'S NOT FUNNY ! )

IF SYDNEY HAD BEEN DRINKING, SHE MOST CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE SPAT IT ALL OVER MADELYN. Instead, she stopped breathing for a few seconds. Her breath getting caught in her throat as she processed what Madelyn had told her. Kissing. Her and Drew had kissed. They were kissing in her hotel room while they were both drunk and neither of them could remember it.

Sydney's first reaction when she finally caught her breath was to laugh. "What the fuck?" It was a forced laugh, a very fake laugh. But she couldn't help it. "No, Maddie. That's not funny." It had to have been a joke.

But Madelyn never cracked a smile. "Guys, I'm not lying." Madelyn said, frowning. She couldn't believe they didn't remember. "Do you really not remember?"

Even Drew had no idea, but hadn't been as shocked at Sydney had been. But that didn't mean he wasn't surprised at all at their actions. "No, I mean, I kind of remember walking Sydney back but I can't remember anything else." Drew said, shaking his head.

The words had triggered a memory in Sydney's head as she briefly remembered stumbling back to her hotel room with Drew. "Wait, I remember that now. You said you'd walk me back because I was drunk but you were just as gone as I was. I just remember laughing the whole time." Sydney explained, nodding her head at Drew. She then looked back at Madelyn as she felt her palms begin to sweat. She was nervous and she didn't know exactly why.

"Yeah, then you obviously invited Drew in. You two were lying on the bed. Kissing. I swear to you, I'm not making this up." Madelyn said, her eyes darting between her two friends.

"Oh, God."

"Why can't we remember that?" Drew asked Sydney, looking at her as she stood beside him with her eyes clenched shut. A part of them both were glad they couldn't remember.

"I don't know. I don't know." Sydney replied, shaking her head at him.

After a while, after Sydney had calmed down and had stopped sweating, her hands had become very clammy, Madelyn, Drew and Sydney then continued back to their hotel rooms.

"Maddie, you cannot tell a soul about this, okay?" Sydney had told her friend as they started to walk down the corridor where their hotel rooms had been situated. Rudy and Austin had already been back in their hotel rooms so the corridor was empty.

Madelyn shook her head. "I won't, I promise." She had no desire to tell anyone else about what she'd seen.

"No one can know if we don't even remember it happening." Sydney said, glancing up at Drew. How could they tell anyone else if they don't even recall locking lips?

"Right." Drew nodded. He agreed with Sydney, he really did. But he couldn't help but notice how quick she was to make sure that Madelyn wasn't going to run off and tell everyone. As if she'd been embarrassed at her own actions.

But that wasn't the case. Not at all. Just how would they explain it? They couldn't tell people if they didn't even remember it happening.

And unbeknown to Madelyn and Drew, that wasn't the only reason why Sydney didn't want anyone finding out. There was something they were both unaware of, despite the fact that they'd all been in each other's presence the night before. It was the one other thing that Sydney could remember. At the beginning of the night, before most of them got too drunk, Sydney had been with Rudy. The two were at the bar together for a while at the club they were in, they were sitting with each other too and they'd also ended up dancing together. But at one point, when the alcohol had really started to hit them both, they'd probably gotten a little too close. So close that Sydney was absolutely sure that if the two hadn't been interrupted then they would have kissed.