Gamble

Eddie was in bed. He kept replaying the look on Richie's face when he'd come to the restaurant, such gorgeous surprise. Then Richie hiding himself down the alleyway, chest inflating and deflating, glasses in his hands, how he looked when he was adorably nervous.

After Eddie kissed him, Richie had relaxed, and the tacos really had been delicious. An hour was too short a time, but they'd laughed almost constantly, so it had been worth it. They stole another kiss in the alleyway, and Richie had gone back to work with a great, beaming smile on his face.

Eddie came home feeling lighter, satisfied. He'd been able to show Richie that he cared about him, that he wanted to see him, that he wasn't leaving, without having to say such things in so many words. Curling onto his side, he was ready for a decent night's sleep.

There was a clatter, and a muffled, 'Son of a bitch!' from the window.

Eddie shot up. 'Not again,' he mumbled.

Sure enough, there was Richie pressed up against the glass, fingertips gripping the peeling frame, glasses askew. He smiled crookedly at Eddie.

Darting a glance at his bedroom door, Eddie climbed out of bed and went to the window, heaving it open. 'Rich, we've talked about this. Midnight window visits are too risky.'

'Wanted to see you,' Richie said, grinning as he clambered into the room. Adjusting his glasses, he added, 'Squirrel in your tree was not happy about it.'

Eddie closed the window. 'You only saw me a few hours ago.'

'Didn't stop you coming to see me at work today,' Richie reminded.

'My mother was not asleep in the neighbouring bar,' Eddie hissed, chopping through the air.

Richie grabbed his hand and pulled him into a kiss, which Eddie fell into helplessly. Hastily, Eddie started to tug at Richie's shirt hem with one hand and his belt buckle with the other.

'Well, hello to you too,' Richie chuckled into the kiss.

Only grunting in response, Eddie clawed at Richie's clothes until he received the assistance necessary to remove them. Though it wasn't his agency, it didn't take much for Richie to lose himself in the moment, loosening Eddie's pyjamas.

Richie started, 'It was only this morning that we —'

'Got interrupted,' Eddie finished, pushing Richie towards the bed.

'You're one to talk,' Richie noted, collapsing onto the mattress. The duvet puffed out on either side of his body like ocean foam.

Eddie huffed, 'Like you ever shut up.'

'You can beep-beep me again now,' Richie said carefully, removing his glasses.

'Oh, can I?' Eddie pinned his arms either side of Richie's shoulders.

Richie licked his lower lip, 'And I wouldn't hate it if we were able to "fuck off" together again.'

'I wouldn't hate that either,' Eddie agreed. He lowered his lips to Richie's throat, dusting kisses lightly over the skin.

'Eddie?' Richie squeaked anxiously, pawing a hand through Eddie's hair to encourage him to stop.

Reluctantly, Eddie raised his head and frowned. He glanced down the narrow gap between their bodies and concluded, 'This isn't why you're here, is it?'

Richie shook his head.

'You want to talk,' Eddie elaborated.

Richie nodded.