( Chapter 17. Silverlining )

Ding dong...

Taehyung woke up to the sound of the doorbell.

He was sleeping on the couch, his hair disheveled and his eyes all puffy.

He groaned as he forced himself to sit up and stand to open the gates.

He was living all alone in his huge bungalow house he bought the previous year.

He then sold his old huge mansion for a new high rise building.

This time, Taehyung was surprised to see Rosé outside.

She was covered with a thick coat as it was the beginning of winter.

Their semester at school is also almost ending so they had a lot of time together.

"Hey what are you doing here at 5 AM?" Taehyung asked.

"I couldn't sleep so I visited you. I also bought 2 hot choco drinks." She grinned as she presented the drink carrier with the drinks in it.

"Come inside." He pulled her with him.

As Rosé entered she never felt so amazed by the interior of Taehyung's house.

"Wow. So warm and cozy." She said.

Then Taehyung help her take off her coat and hang it on the rack.

They both went to the porch area

and again Rosé looked around in awe

They both sat on the couch and Rosé placed down the drinks separately on the table.

"Thank you for this." Taehyung smiled.

"No problemo jagi~" Rosé replied in her singsong tone.

"Come here." He wrapped his arms around her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"I'm really sorry for disturbing your sleep."

"No it's okay.. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you get a good night sleep. You know at this point we should have been living together as we're now married."

Rosé blushed at his words and chuckled silently.

But both of them knows that it was just a marriage by paper as of now.

"Anyways I'm here for a certain matter."

"What is it?"

Rosé took something from her bag.

She then gave him the envelope.

He looked at it with doubts.

As soon as he took it and opened it, his eyes sparkled with a glint of hope.

The evidences were there.

"Where did you find this?"

"I haven't found it. It was delivered to me by someone anonymous."

"Oh.. that.. I almost forgot that I needed Mr. Jo to look into it and he only found this." Taehyung took a brown small box on the shelf behind them.

He opened it and Rosé saw the pictures of a man taking pictures of them, and the person who delivered it outside her house.

"Then he told me that Rachel is the mastermind of it all."

"Rachel? Who is she?"

"When we looked into it, she's actually the imprisoned woman.. The one who I've met before and asked about my father's death. She is a detective."

Now everything finally made sense to Rosé, all the delivery of evidences, the taken photos, and the video footages.

All she had in mind was to meet the woman called 'Rachel'

"Tae.. I have to meet her... I have to ask why she is doing this."

"We don't know where she is as of now. But I've asked Mr. Jo to track her location and corner her so that we could eventually interrogate her."

Taehyung then noticed the determined look on Rosé's eyes.

The determined eyes to know the truth about everything.

She sure had a lot of questions inside her head right now.. Don't worry Chae... We'll get the answer to it...... Taehyung thought as he took her hand and squished it gently.

Meanwhile at the dark alley...

Rachel was with Linda and Marco.

This was now their usual hangout to remain hidden from the enemies.

Rachel was sitting on her usual chair and Linda together with Marco were sitting on the ground with a floor mat.

"Thank you Linda for delivering the evidences and thank you Marco for keeping tabs on them." Rachel gave the two of them a thumbs up.

"Anything for you Ms. Detective." Marco grinned.

"Stop calling me that. I've lost that title ever since I was imprisoned." Rachel looked down in sadness.

"Yah! Look you reminded her of it again!" Linda smacked Marco's shoulder.

"Oww! I'm sorry" Marco pouted.

Rachel shook her head.

"Eomma!!!" A girl ran towards Linda and hugged her.

"Did you finish practice already?" Linda asked her.

"Of course" The girl smiled.

"Well done Lisa.. your mother, Linda will really be proud of you." Marco jokingly said.

Then Linda smacked him again

Little did they know that someone was hiding and eavesdropping on them.

It was Mr. Jo... and the other bodyguards were there behind him.

Then he dialed Taehyung.

"Sir. Mission success... I've found them." Mr. Jo said.

"Thank you Mr. Jo, we're going to go there. Just give me the address."

Taehyung then looked at Rosé, she was asleep on his lap.

Then he caressed her cheek.

Behind all of these... There is a silverlining for the two of us Chae.... He smiled widely.

|end of Chapter |