Chapter I

"My king. Your baby is in the other room." My maid said and I stood up from my seat. "May I see them?" I ask and she nods. I go into the bedroom to see my wife and my child. I walk to where they have my child. "Isn't she perfect?" I couldn't answer for a few minute. "Snowdrop." I say and my wife looks at me funny. "Is that what you want to name her?" She asked me I nodded. "Snowdrop Winter Moonstone." I say and my daughter opens her eyes. My eyes widen as I see her eyes are light blue. "There is something I must add about your child, sir." The maid said and I couldn't take my eyes off my beautiful Snowdrop. "She was born without the ability to see." She says and I looked over at her like she was mad. "My dear daughter...Cannot see? How will she rule?!" I ask and I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Sweetheart, I'm sure she'll rule just fine. She is our miracle after all." She says and I look back to Snowdrop. I pick her up and hold her in my arms like I'm never going to see her again. "She's beautiful. She will be the next queen." I turn to my maid. "You will care for her and never let her out of your sight or I'll make sure your husband gets it." I say in a threatening tone she looks at me with fear in her eyes. Everyone feared our family.

Mary, my wife had died a few years ago. I am to make an alliance with the fire kingdom. They have been trying to take my throne and now I have to do what's right for my kingdom and also for my daughter. They have threatened her life in one of their letters. If I don't do this I'll be alone. I can't stand the thought of it.

"My lord, the princess would like to see you." Millie said and I looked down at the documents sitting on my desk. "I'll be there in a few minutes." I say and smile. My daughter is my pride and joy and I'd spend all my time with her if I didn't have so much work to get done. Millie left after that and I finished up some more work until I saw my door ajar. I smiled. "Can I help you with something?" I pretend to be working. "Daddy?" The little voice said and I couldn't help but smile. "I'm right here princess." I say and she begins to make her way to my desk. She was feeling around like she was taught to do when entering a room. She made her way to me and I picked her up and put her on my lap. "What is it you would want my dear Snowdrop?" I say in soothing tone. "I want to go out into the village." She says and my eyes widen. "Snow you know how dangerous it is." I say and she looks down. "But- I want to play in the snow with the other children." She says in her little voice. It broke my heart to see her sad. "I want to hear someone's voice other then Millie's." She says and my eyes softened. "Alright then." I say and she looked to where she knows my face is and smiles. That smile reminds me of Mary. She reminds me of Mary. "Millie!" I yell and Snow covered her ears like she knew it was coming. Millie came running in. "Is she alright?! Oh." She said and looked down at the ground. "My lord, What is it I can do for you?" She asked. "Snowdrop and I would like to go out into the village to play with the other children." I say and she nods. "I'll get your coat for you." She says and bows and then walks out. "Now lets go before everything closes." I say and hold her in my arms and walk out of my office.

Watching my dear play in the snow was so cute. I saw how well the children treated her. Her lovely jewels of her crown glimmered in the sun. She was growing up so fast. I was knocked out of my thoughts as I heard my little girl scream. I looked to where it had come from and then I saw she had sapphire wings and a little tail. Her horns were a dark blue like the ocean. I ran over to her and she was feeling around for me and I touched her hand and she grabbed me like there was no tomorrow. She was scared. I picked her up and wrapped my wings around her now cold form.

"I'll take her back to the castle." I say and then began to fly into the air. I began to fly to the castle holding my dear Snowdrop in my arms. Once we got to the front gate and they opened it. I brought her inside and my servants brought her to her chambers. I sat there in mine thinking. "Could my daughter be one of the sapphire dragons?" Was all I could wonder. I then saw Millie come in. "Am I bothering you my lord?" She asked and I shook my head. "Not at all. How is she?" I ask standing up. "She's resting. The poor thing was freezing to death." She says and I clenched my fist. "My lord?" She asked and I threw a bottle of wine that someone had gifted me. "I'll be going then." She said and began to walk out the door, but then she stopped. "I forgot to tell you. The king of the ice dragons has made a request for his son to marry your daughter." She says and my eyes widen "We have been at war with them for years! I cannot give my daughter to those cold-blooded killers! They killed my wife! Your Queen! I will not allow my daughter to suffer the same fate!" I scream "even on my death-bed I will never give her away to someone like that!" I shout and with that she had left.

"My dear Mary. If only you were here."