2

(Chapter 2)The cover

(Chapter 2)
The cover

~*~
Author POV

Jimin chucked yet another rough sketch in the paper waste basket. Groaning in annoyance. Being a perfectionist and an artist was literally the worst thing someone could be.

They want everything to be perfect, yet good art can only be done through trial and errors. Jimin hated feeling like he was failing, it made a not of worry build in his chest. So he grabbed another blank page and started again.

Jimin had chosen the 'Most beautiful moments of life' album. He liked the simplistic design of the hot air balloon. And that was that, there was his idea.

He sketched out the hot air balloon. Planned the colours he would use and got to work.

~*~

A

fter 3 hours of hard work Jimin stepped back from his piece, a sense of pride filling him as he looked it over. He hadn't changed the design of the front colour. Because logically the group had chosen the hot air balloon for a reason and to replace that defeated the purpose.

He had added his own twist though. He had painted the background black and grey, monochrome colours like everyone who hadn't met their soulmate saw. Then he had painted the hot air balloon in bright colours.

It is said that when you meet your soulmate they burst into colour. And the name on your wrist appears in black ink. Then when you touch skin to skin the mark changes to gold and the rest of the world comes into colour.

Hence why Jimin had chosen to paint the hot air balloon colourful. It was like a soulmate in a world of monochrome. He had checked the paint and in gold lettering he had wrote the name of the album in calligraphy writing through the centre of the balloon. Like a mark on a soulmate's wrist.

He signed his artist signature at the side of the balloon so no one could steal it. It took several shots but he eventually got the right lighting for the photograph. He sent it to his friend Chou, who could see colours to confirm that the picture looked good enough to enter the competition.

Chou sent back a tone of heart eye emojis, so Jimin took that as a yes. Setting up his laptop, he took a trembling breath and entered his details into the competition form. Uploading the photograph and then he hesitated over the submit button. But he pressed the mouse before he could back out, in a moment of fear. He watched the circle on the screen spin then a tick appeared to show that it had been sent in.

Jimin lent back in his chair. Taking several deep breaths to calm himself. He sent a message to Chou to tell him he had sent it in.

Packing up his art tools, he took another look at the art and sighed. It was good, one of the few pieces he hadn't wanted to immediately tear up and throw in the bin. He hoped it was enough to help him win, but if it didn't at least his idols would get to see his work. That made his heart speed up with excitement.

~*~

"Jimin what has you so distracted today?" His dance instructor scolded him.

Jimin looked down muttering an apology and began to focus on the class. It was currently a ballet class, something he had trained in as a child. Stretching and falling into the moves, natural and almost rhythmic.

He raised his leg up till he was holding it beside his head, focusing on his core and breathing much like the rest of the class. Holding his balance well, he wobbled only alittle. Used to the hold, though it was a relief when the teacher said they could switch legs.

After that they dropped into some stretches designed to increase flexibility.

But in reality the reason why he was so unfocused was because the results of the competition would be out soon. They were going to be releasing a video to reveal the winner. Nervous with anticipation that Jimin felt had left him unfocused on most of the tasks he had to complete through out the day.

"Class dismissed" the instructor told them. Jimin was quick to rush to his bag, he pulled out his phone, seeing a spam of messages from Chou.

Chou: only 10 minutes till the video goes up, meet me in the library we can watch it together

Jimin: on my way now

He put away his phone, picking up his bag he headed out of the training room. Pushing the hair out of his eyes, the air felt cold against his warm skin, it was nice till it got too cold.

~*~

Jimin was thankful when he reached the library. Slipping into the warm room, he began his search for his best friend. Chou was at the back of the library, as far away from the reception desk as possible. So if they did end up making alot of noise in excitement it wouldn't be as easy to hear.

"What took you so long?" He whispered to Jimin when he took a seat beside him.

"I was in dance class" Jimin muttered back as he got comfortable in the chair.

"Ok, it is starting" Chou turned his laptop screen around so Jimin could see as well.

They watched transfixed as their idols appeared on the screen.

"So we are here to reveal the winner of our challenge" Taehyung began.

"Thank you all for your hardwork" Namjoon continued on from him.

"You're all amazing artists, so it was hard to choose from them" Hoseok said.

"But we can reveal the winner to be..." Jin ramped up the anticipation.

"Park Jimin" they all announced.

"Wait" Jimin looked at the screen gawking.

They pulled down the sheet over the canvas, revealing what he knew to be his artwork.

"Well done to Park Jimin, we thank you for your work and hope to see you soon" Yoongi finished the video.

They all cutely waved at the camera before the video cut out and left the screen black.

"You won, you actually won" Chou was ecstatic. Barely able to sit still.

Jimin heard a phone ring, looking down it was his own. He picked the call up, dazed.

"Hello is this Park Jimin. We are Bighit Entertainment and we are calling in response to you winning the competition"

~*~

So what did you think?

Sorry if it was alittle boring or rushed.

Anyway, I hope you liked it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter