Ch.79 Strawberry Crepe

Chapter 79: Strawberry Crepe

When they reached H City, it was noon. Of course, they received Mama Shen's warm welcome again: an entire table full of delicious dishes.

Grandfather Shen kept craving Lin ShuYi's Buddha Jumps Over the Wall, but it was better to leave that kind of grand dish for Lunar New Year's Eve, so the dish was put inside the fridge. It could be reheated up the next day; luckily, the taste of that kind of stewed dish wouldn't be affected much even if it sat for a day. Instead, the flavors would even blend a little bit better.

As for the grand meal that Shen Mama had prepared, it was a table full of western-style delicious foods. Caviar salad, thick and buttery chicken mushroom soup, orange-soaked salmon, bacon asparagus rolls, and foie gras sautéed in red wine. Of course, there were also Lin ShuYi's favorite desserts: cranberry cookies, strawberry crepes, and cinnamon apple pie.

Since most of the people in the Shen family didn't really like to eat dessert, most of the ones prepared by Shen Mama had light sweetness but still ample milky flavor. However, Lin ShuYi – who was addicted to sweets – actually felt like some of the desserts were even tastier because they weren't that sweet. For example, the strawberry crepe, with its thin crepe skin, the low fat whipped cream that was milky enough but not overly sweet, and the tasty sour and sweet fresh strawberries in the middle. The pleasant flavors mixed together, turning into an exceptional deliciousness.

Shen Mama felt extremely pleased with herself to see Lin ShuYi so happy. She was a master chef in the western foods, and she was the best at desserts. But none of the Shen family liked to eat sweets, leaving her with no way to use her natural gifts. Now that she had Lin ShuYi, who loved sweets, she could relax and boldly make them from here on out.

Papa Shen, whose wife ignored him the moment the daughter-in-law arrived, had a stepmother's expression on his face.

After dinner, they all sat together, drinking fruit tea and chatting. When Lin ShuYi brought up what happened with Old Man Yang, Grandfather Shen also felt very surprised, but in the end he was still a little happy for him. However, he couldn't help but also feel a bit sad amidst the happiness. They were both the same age, but how come the other guy could still get a second spring? Grandfather Shen had to stay here messing around with the little brats, wiping their butts after them. Grandfather Shen felt sad, but he thought that he didn't show it.

However, older brother Shen had long since seen through him. He looked over and asked Mama Shen, "Are there any old ladies who are the same age as grandpa?"

Mama Shen was confused. "Ah?"

Ah, what ah? It was almost spring, it was time for love.

At night, Lin ShuYi went to go sleep in Shen Fu's room as usual, but when he saw Shen Fu walk on his own towards the guest room, Mama Shen went up and grabbed him.

Shen Fu: "En?"

Mama Shen felt a little shy. Was she a little too old to say this to him? Even though Mama Shen didn't appear old at all, as tender and beautiful as a flower bud. "This is your own home, why are you being so restrained? It's not like we don't know."

Shen Fu: ??

"It's not even the first time anymore, why are you being so shy?" When Mama Shen saw that Shen Fu didn't understand, she probed a little more.

Shen Fu: ??

When he still didn't understand even after she said that, Mama Shen gritted her teeth. "It's not like this is your first time, didn't you two live together at Xiao Yi's place? Why are you two still sleeping in separate rooms in your own house? Relax, Mom isn't old-fashioned. You two can openly sleep together, we won't say anything."