you better live a long life okay?- oneshot

angst-fluff

^^^ based off that

^^^ based off that.

thoma and lanni trying to comfort ray.

keyword: trying.

TWS// SUICIDE MENTION

MANGA SPOILERS KINDA

3rd person pov.

"bye bye, emma"

thoma felt a tear roll down his cheek as lanni tried his best to keep it together, but the thoughts that what if emma didn't catch the flame? what if they're plan failed? what if norman died for nothing? what if ray, the person they looked up to and loved and saw a very important person in their life, died?

why did ray talk about himself like that?

why did ray hate himself so much?

why did he want to die?

couldn't he see how much everyone loved and cared for him?

couldn't he see how much he meant to them and emma?

"it'll be fine. emma will save him right?", lanni asked, his voice shaking a little.

thoma nodded and the two sighed in relief when they heard rays voice again and emma yelling at him that he wouldn't be dying.

thoma immediately wiped away his tears and hurried to grab the stuff emma told them to get for their plan.

-timeskip, they all found the shelter and they've met yuugo, this is before goldy pond events-

everyone was asleep. even the man who lived in the bunker who they didn't know the name of so they just called him Mister. ray just called him old.

lanni shot up, his eyes watering as he felt panic rise in his body.

"lanni?"

he looked over and saw thoma who looked equally panicked.

"is ray okay?"

ever since that day, the two had been having nightmares often. most of them being about ray dying.

they both loved ray. he was like their brother. in their eyes, he was the one who took care of them most and he would never do anything to hurt them.

sure, he could be cold or quiet and strict, but now they knew why.

but even before, they still loved him equally.

so of course it would traumatize them beyond belief when they heard about how ray wanted to kill himself. that he didn't care about himself or love himself.

ray was amazing in their eyes. he was one of the coolest people they knew. so why did he hate himself?

thoma shrugged which only made lanni panic more.