Chapter Fourteen

Zayn

It was currently lunch, Louis and I were sat in our normal seats making light conversation until I saw Niall talking to Sasha. I didn't want to assume anything, I've learnt from past experiences that assuming things is never going to end well. I waited for their short encounter to end before signalling for Sasha to join me.

"What did he want?" My voice sounded like pure venom when I said he. How can one lad make me so annoyed? So angry with the world and people in it?

"It was weird" she said sitting down next to Louis who was listening to what she had to say intently "He actually came to apologise to me, saying he was a dick and he didn't mean to upset me if he did"

"Wow" Louis and I gasped at the same time. Why would Niall do that?

"Weird right? I gotta go" Sasha stood up and walked away.

"I think Niall might be ill, since when did he care about anyone else's feelings?" Louis laughed

"I have no idea..."

***
I'm normally happy when I walk through my front door after school but today I was not. My whole mind and life was swamped with homework, all of it being pretty much pointless. Who the hell invented algebra? Who ever it was they should be hung, drawn and quartered for there crimes against high school students. Before I began work I went into the kitchen and burnt some toast- I never take it out in time. I stomped up the stairs my bag on my back, toast in hand and a pile of books which didn't fit in my bag in my other hand. I reached my room and threw it all on to my bed and swallowed my last bite of toast.

I decided to get maths out the way first and did my sums pretty quickly for me, I then took a break and texted Louis saying how bored I was but he didn't reply so I began my next assignment- English.

Two pieces of work, four cups of tea and five hours later I was done and it was nine o'clock. I was no longer home alone and I could hear my family chatting downstairs. The night sky was no longer a pale blue, instead it was dark and barely visible stars shon. The streets were lit by the orange haze of the street lights, my road was quiet most lights were on and curtains were drawn. I rolled my pen around in my fingers as I stared into the open space, my eyes flickered to a figure moving through the night almost undetected. They wore a black hoody and quickly disappeared into the alley which I could see from my window, I continued to watch the scene to see if I could spot who the figure may be- they didn't return. But they were joined by someone, from his broad shoulders and well built figure it was a man, or a very butch woman. They entered the alley way and I stood up to open my window some more to see if I could hear what was going on but I couldn't. About twenty minutes later the larger figure left the alley way adjusting his trousers- I'm glad I couldn't hear what was going on.

"Zayn! Take the bins out!" My mom called from downstairs catching my attention, I was quick to run downstairs and retrieve the black bin liner full of rubbish from her. I slipped my black converse on and walked slowly outside, I opened the bin and placed the bin bag inside of it. I waited a few seconds to see if the person would come out the alley way but they didn't so I began (slowly) walking away until I heard someones footsteps. I turned my head and saw Lexi- Mae in a black hoody walking quickly away from the alley. I stood there shocked for a while, I'd like to think Lexi wasn't doing anything in appropriate in the bushes but we all know she most likely was.

I spent the rest of the night lying on my bed un motivated to get my last piece of work done, all I could think about was what I'd seen earlier. It haunted my brain, so many questions I was dying to ask but knew I could never do such a thing. Lexi- Mae refuses to remember me, why on earth would she like me asking questions? But I couldn't help but ask myself them... Something was going on with Lexi and I really want to know what it is.

_______

Sorry for the really shorts chapters! We're trying to add suspense, I hope they aren't dragging out or anything?

Also check out our other fanfics... I mean if you want to😹😏

Love ya!

~ M.