Chapter 2

I stare into his eyes, lost in thought. I didn't know what to say my mom is dead and I hate myself to the point where I wanna drown in that pond isn't exactly how I wanted to start this friendship. So I don't answer instead I ask him something.

"Um, well, uh, can I hug you?" Well that wasn't awkward at all. Note the sarcasm. He still gives me an airy laugh.

"I guess." He moves closer and I meet him halfway nestling my head into his chest his arms close around me and I finally let go. I finally cry. I feel his chin on the top of my head and his hands rubbing my back comforting me. And he doesn't even know why. I decide to tell him. I gain control over myself, wipe my eyes, and sit up slightly. His grip loosens but he leaves an arm draped across my shoulders.

"So, sorry about that. It's just, my, my um mom, she, she's, gone."

"Oh, I'm, I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Nothing about my social life."

"Umm, okay. Just promise to answer honestly."

"I don't promise, but I will attempt to answer within my comfort."

"Okay well, you said you're out here all day, why?"

"For the same reason I told you not to ask about my social life, I don't have one."

He smiles, oh how he smiles. Before I know it he's pulled back into his chest.

"What's with the food?" I almost forgot about that.

"It was dinner time. I don't feel like eating though, do you want it?"

"I won't take it all, how about we split it?"

"No you have it." He reaches across me and breaks the roll in half handing me part. Then he breaks the chicken. He bites into it after making it a sandwich, so I decide to do the same thing. We eat slowly and in silence. This might be the start of something worth keeping.