Chapter One

*Coriane in the media*

I guess my life couldn't get any worse. I turn eighteen in two days, which is also the day of The Awakening. I guess I should living my life while I can..but I'm not. You could say that I'm planning. Planning my escape, yes you heard me correctly..my escape. I'm leaving this God forsaken place before the ceremony and getting the hell out of this town as fast as possible.

*Few hours later*

"Coriane, be ready for school tomorrow!" My mother shouts from downstairs. I roll my eyes and put down my cup of blood. Now I know what you are all thinking. Why is a human drinking blood? Well I'll tell ya. I'm what people call a Dhampir. I'm half human and half vampire, the only difference is I'm more rare, powerful, dangerous, and wanted. Since a Dhampir is half human and half vampire we can survive on either blood or human food. I prefer both every so often.

A Dhampir is created when a vampire and a human mate together. We have all the powers a vampire posses but technically I'm the only one who can wield the power of The Lich stone. Or so my mom calls it. It's some kind of power necklace from the first vampire Ambrogio, created to protect or whatever. It can give you heightened powers and abilities unlike any other which is cool as hell, it can even take someone's immortality and their soul. My mom says my father is from the royal family of vampires called The House of Ramano

Apparently they rule over all vampires, but she won't tell me his name. At least I know I'm italian which explains why I'm always rambling in a different language every so often. The only other person who knows of my existence other than my mom is my one and only best friend, Atlas Romera. She's a Moroi. Which is just a pureblood vampire. We attend a school called River Heights high school.

Both human and vampires attend which is hell for me cause I have to pretend I'm human. Vampire tend to think that they are top of all. Which technically they are but whatever. I wouldn't say so cause I'm the only Dhampir left in the world according to history books since the Morois killed them all. Apparently being a Dhampir is illegal in the vampire world since we are half breeds.

I call bullshit, I think they are just jealous because I would kick their asses. Seriously, it literally takes two vampires to take down one Dhampir. I mean how funny is that. Vampires are known for not fearing anything, which I know is a lie. I means Lycans are scary but the worse thing of all are the rouges. Not just any random vampires feeding from innocent humans, I'm talking about Strogois.

They can only come out at night, they have red eyes and very very pale skin. And the worst thing, they can only be killed by a silver stake right in the heart. Any other vampire can be killed by being punched through the chest and crush the heart. Or a plain wooden stake could always work haha.

Us Dhampirs were called Mardens. Which means vampire hunter, according to my mom the royals counted on us to kill Strogois since we more powerful. We were the protects of vampires and humans until one day a Dhampir named Enzo decided to turn against us all and become Strogoi. He thought being turned could make him more powerful, which it did. A Strogoi can either kill you or turn you into one of them. Well, Enzo being the asino (ass) he is, he lead all Strogois against everyone and slaughtered thousands.

The Morois didn't think that Dhampirs were safe so they had us executed. And let me tell ya, it's not easy to kill a Dhampir. Like Strogois we have to be stabbed with a silver stake and finding one of those isn't easy. Legend is told that Enzo is still alive and waiting for the right moment to kill...creepy right? But I'll be ready, cause like I told you before, I'm a descendant of the most powerful royal vampire of all and there is no way I'll allow any one break me.

I know, very boring chapter but I thought you guys should know all the info first. I promise u guys that the next chapter will be better🙂 Comment if u have any ideas or anything. Till then toodles!❤️