Chapter Six

*Lutenint Alec in the media*

                              King Ash's Pov

I walk in my office to see Lutenint Alec sitting in a chair. When he sees me he stands and bows.

"Your majesty." He says. I nod at him.

"You may rise." I tell him. He sits again.

"So how may I help you?" He asks. I sit at my desk sigh.

"I want you to guard my mate. I know it's not exactly your type of thing but you're the second closet thing I have to a brother. I trust you with her." I reply. He smiles brightly at me.

"Congratulations on finding your mate Ash. I knew you would. And of course. I'll guard her with my life, no harm shall come to her as long as I'm there. I vow." He says. I smile at him.

"Good. Knew I could count on you. She's in my chambers." He nods and walks out. I release a sigh of relief. I feel better knowing my mate is safe now.

An hour later and I'm still in here doing some paperwork when all I want to do is be near my mate. She's so beautiful and pure. The way she blushes is the sexiest thing I've ever seen. My father always thought Lady Atara was fit to be my Queen. I turned her down cause she isn't my mate. It will take some time for my father to except Coriane as my mate considering she's human. My mother on the other hand will fully except her with open arms. My mom has always been a soft one, very odd but I've learned to live with it.

*Time skip*

I've been recently working on our rouge problem. Alec is with my mate and I have Tyler and Mace in here with me.

"Ash, do you agree?" Mace asks. I snap out of my daze of thinking about my mate.

"Huh? Oh..yea sounds good." I lie. Tyler chuckles.

"He wasn't listening." He says. I glare at him. Mace shakes his head while smiling. I roll my eyes.

"Sorry guys. I was distracted." I admit. They both wiggle their eyebrows at me and smirking. I look at them slightly confused.

"Oooo someone's thinking the dirty deeds." Mace comments. I widen my eyes and growl playfully while throwing my empty blood glass at his head. He swiftly ducks and it misses him. Tyler laughs and speaks.

"Ok guys enough playing. But seriously Ash, we need to deal with the Strogois." His voice turning serious. I lean back in my chair and frown.

"We'll just have to widen our security in the town. We'll have a night watch and day watch." I suggest. Mace nods. Tyler frowns.

"That won't be enough Ash. We all know it'll take alot to kill them, let alone capture one if it goes wandering around at night through the town." He stops for second.
"If only your father hadn't banned Dhampirs, we could fight these beast." He adds. I sigh heavily. No one has mentioned Dhampirs in years.

"We all know my father had a reason on banishing them Ty." I murmur. I get up.

"Sorry guys, I have things to attend to. So if you'll excuse me." I tell them. Mace smirks and chuckles while getting up. Tyler smiles and follows him out the door. I shake my head at the fools. Now, time to see my mate.

                                 Coriane's Pov

I'm looking around the place with my stupid bodyguard behind me. What's his name? Ace? Alex? Something like that. Ash sent him to me, I mean it's not like imma get kidnapped in this place. I turn around and look at him, hmm. His face is blank and so are his eyes. Maybe if you made a vampire joke. My monster says. Sometimes I wish she could shut it. But...not a bad idea. Now..let me think of a good joke.

"It won't work little one." A deep voice says. I freeze then turn around and find my bodyguard smirking while studying me. So he speaks.

"Get out of my head." I snap. He smirks.

"Sorry, just can't help it." He says and walks ahead of me. I stare in annoyance then follow him. I fill my head with questions about this place and Ash. Like how long will I be here? I continue walking and looking at the floor till I bump into someone. I look up to be met with Ash smirking at me.

"What's my piccolo amico thining about?" He says tilting his head to the side. I blush at the nickname and shrug. Ash nods at Mr. Serious before he walks away . I watch him until he rounds a corner. Ashe takes my hand and drags me down the hall.

"Now, come with me. I have some people for you to meet." He tells me.

"Who?" I ask. he chuckles but doesn't answer. We walk a few more hallways till we reach two wooden double doors. Ash pushes open the doors and I now realize this is the throne room, three vampires are standing in front of the throne. They look at Ash and bow lightly which he returns, then they turn and look at me. Their eyes full of curiosity and hunger.

"My king, may I ask why you have brought a human with you?" One asks. His red eyes gleaming. I gulp and take a tiny step back.  Ash growls lowly.

"You are not to address her as 'human'. She is your future Queen and my mate." He replies. Ashe turns to me with a little smile and holds out his hand. "Now, I would to introduce Luca, Dante, and Ceaser." He adds pointing to each one. Luca has golden blonde hair and red eyes, Dante has jet black hair and black eyes, while Ceaser has  brown hair and blue eyes. They bow to me except one, Luca. Ash growls at him but he still doesn't bow. 

"Ash it's ok, If he doesn't want to bow to me I won't make him." Ash still growls while Dante and Ceaser share a look. 

"No-" He gets cut off by Luca.

"If she wants my respect, she will have to earn it." He says. I smile and nod. A challenge, I like it.

Hey guys! It's been a while since I updated but here it is. Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time :)