Chapter 2

"You-you don't remember us?" Kate asked in a whisper as her eyes began to cover with small tears that she couldn't and didn't have the strength to stop. "Remember who?" His voice sounded so small and lost. "Rick, it's me" She tried with his first name, just the way she called him when something needed to be fully personal and the way only she knew to pronounce those four letters of his name. She reached out her smaller and gently grabbed his bigger hand. And in that moment she saw something begin to form in his eyes that she thought she would never see, fear and discomfort, fear and discomfort from her touch. As much as he struggled not to show that he was uncomfortable in this touch, the monitor that monitored his heart showed that quite vividly when the beats of his heart became unevenly distributed and irregular. He was like a little boy, scanning the room with a frightened look and looking for something to find solace in. His gaze quickly met two pairs of blue eyes and two red-haired heads, which, beside all their confusion, tried to give him as gentle a look as possible. But he just looked away and kept looking for a face he would finally recognize...
When he gave up and put his head back on the pillow, a hand unknown to him began to run gently down his cheek, it was the hand of the same woman who had told him only a few minutes ago that her name is Kate, his Kate, but he was completely unaware of that this woman sitting next to him is his wife. "Sorry, but can you please stop doing that?" He addressed her like she's the greatest stranger he saw for the first time in his life, moving slightly away from her and her touch, and on his face could be read how uncomfortable he was when she was so close to him. Can you please stop doing that his words echoed in her head for a long time after she stepped back, as he had asked. She shares a bed with this man, intimate moments, for God's sake she is pregnant with his child, and now he doesn't even want her to touch him. Tears began to roll down her already wet teary cheeks again, her heart constricted, every breath she took was painful, she disintegrating from within, and he just lay there with an innocent look, not understanding anything. Those blue eyes that were full of love for her now looked at her with a greater dose of confusion. He don't, he really don't remember her. Maybe, maybe it's better because now he doesn't remember how much she hurted him, but what about all their memories and everything they went through together? He doesn't remember their life together, nothing about them, for God's sake he doesn't even remember his own daughter and mother...He's so lost as a little puppy. "Mrs. Castle?" Dr. Mendiaz tried to summon Kate who was simply falling apart, leaning against the wall and her world shattering into a thousand pieces, over and over again. "Mrs. Castle?" Rick was the one who reacted and repeated Dr. Mendiaz's words again, this time with even more confusion. "Yes..Rick..Mrs. Castle..I am your wife" Kate managed to utter as she grunted through sobs coming deep from her throat. "I am not married, I don't have wife, you must have mistaken me for someone" At the very thought of what the woman by the wall, who was completely unknown to him, was saying to him, he became more and more upset and confused. I am not married, I don't have wife these words broke her to the end, she looked at him in complete shock and disbelief.
"It would be best to let him get some rest" Dr. Mendiaz escorted everyone out of Rick's room, assuring them that it is just a matter of rest and that it is only a matter of time before his memory would return, even though he himself knew he couldn't claim anything before they took a MRI check. "Do the things you normally do, what he remembers you for, wear what you normally wear, use some of your words that are well known to you and him." Dr. Mendiaz explained how they could try to trigger Castle's memory.

You must not overdo it, he is now lost and none of you are known to him the same words that Dr. Mendiaz had uttered only moments before when they had discussed Castle's condition, now did not want to leave Beckett's mind and kept coming back and repeating. He'll be back, he must be she kept repeating to herself to try to calm down, but in vain, big tears still trickled down her cheeks, her hands and voice trembled, and the place in her chest where her heart stood she felt burning pain. "Katherine, darling" She was met by the older of the two well-known redheads. "Look at me, he's going to make it, okay?" Martha did her best to comfort Kate, even though she herself was in complete disarray. "How? How, Martha? He doesn't even remember me! How on earth am I going to tell him I'm pregnant and he's going to be a dad, when he doesn't even know our names!" Those damn tears completely overwhelmed her as she uttered each word, her voice getting smaller and weaker until it finally died out completely. Martha wasn't exactly shocked she just nodded at Kate's words because she was already suspecting of her daughter-in-low being pregnant after she heard what she told Castle this morning "We will endure all this, we will, come on, we all need rest, we are going home, the four of us now have to be strong for him and he will come back to us, he will believe me, I know my son" Martha, who had now taken over holding the whole family together, was going home with her granddaughter and daughter-in-law, while Castle was sleeping peacefully in his hospital bed, aware of nothing.

Chapter 2 is here!

Hope you like this book of mine...