Redwood Charles High School

I groaned and stretched my arms as my alarm began blaring an upbeat pop song. The light filtered through my windows and, for a moment, it was a peaceful morning. That's when...

"FELICIA!" my mom yelled from downstairs. I covered my head with my big, plush comforter and rolled over. "YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL IF YOU DON'T HURRY UP!" I threw the comforter off my body and swung my legs around to the side of the bed. It was way too early to be dealing with school.

"I'm coming, mom," I grumbled, before walking over to my private bathroom and getting ready. I threw my long, brown hair into a messy bun at the top of my head and secured it with a white scrunchy, then opened a drawer and pulled out my mascara. I only wear mascara, I'm not really that big on makeup, it just seems like a waste of time and money. Then, I walked back into my room and opened the drawers of my dresser, pulling out a pair of little jean shorts and an oversized T-shirt. I slipped both on, gave myself a good look in the mirror, then padded down the stairs.

Mom had already gone to work by then so I just slipped on a pair of vans and walked out to my car. Mom's old Jeep was my prized possession. I slid into the drivers seat and put the keys in the ignition. 

On the way to school I stopped by Starbucks and got my favorite drink in the world, a grande iced vanilla latte. Feeling happy and full of caffeine, I hopped out of my car in the school parking lot and made my way to homeroom. 

"HAHA! HEY, LOSER GIRL!" came a voice, trickling down the hallway. I whipped by head around, immediately ignoring the whiplash i just got.

"What do you want, Jace?" I ask, staring up at him defiantly. He laughs at me and puts his hands in his pockets, making me draw my eyes down to the gray sweatpants he's wearing. Typical. 

"For you to stop whoring around with all the guys in our grade," he deadpans, staring me down. I gasp and my eyes widen. I have no idea what he is talking about. I've never had a boyfriend and I don't even really have friends either (girls are too much drama, ugh.) 

"Where the hell did you hear tha-" I get cut off by the bell. Im late. I can't believe that asshole held me up, making me late for homeroom. I'm never late. He smirks at me and saunters off, the opposite way down the hall, leaving me to power-walk to homeroom. For some reason, for the next couple of periods, i can't get his milk chocolate orbs, staring down at me, out of my head. I hate that bastard. 

                                                                                      __

The bell finally rings, signaling the end of 5th period. I have a late lunch so im starving by the time i can finally get to the cafeteria. I LOVE food! 

I grab my bag and run out the classroom door, speeding towards the cafeteria at 20 miles per hour (84.58 kilometers per hour 😊).  Once I finally reach the cafeteria i rush to get my tray of food and find my best friend in the whole world, Landon. 

I get my chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese and sit down next to Landon. 

"Oh," he says.

I eye him up and down, "What?" I chuckle.

"You're here..." he replies.

"Yeah, i know. We're best friends, silly. Aren't you excited to see your favorite person?" 

He sighs and looks over at me dryly saying, "No." I laugh at his jokes. He's funny, the biggest reason why he is my best friend. He pulls his bleached hair back from his forehead, and secures the top part with a hair tie. I've always thought it was cool that he decided to grow out his hair. Most guys don't do that. I could never have that kind of confidence hehe.

I turn back towards my food and start eating. That's when i feel something cold pour over my head...

A/N: Thank you guys soooo much for reading! 😊😊😊 I appreciate your support so much! Hope you all have a great day 😊!!!