If You Love Her

Set in the future
Inspired by If You Love Her by Forest Blakk
Summary: Landon and Hope are getting married and Josie is the maid of honor. They never dated because both were too scared to say anything.

Josie's POV
I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I sighed, Hope was getting married today, but not to me. Landon had won the tribrid's heart. Hope had asked me to be the maid of honor and I had considered saying no because I couldn't watch the girl I was in love with, marry someone else.

Jo?" I turned and there stood Lizzie. She was one of the bridesmaids.

"Hey Lizzie" I sighed and Lizzie walked closer.

"Are you going to be alright?" I looked at her. She had a concerned look on her face.

"It's going to hurt. A lot, but I'll manage." Lizzie pulled me into a hug. "Lizzie?"

"Yeah?" I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. "Is it bad that I didn't want to be here?" Lizzie pulled back and brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I understand Jo. It always hurts to see someone you love happy with someone else." The blonde's voice carried a heaviness with it. I knew she was referring to MG. He had married someone else before she could tell him.

"What luck do the Saltzman twins have huh?" Lizzie started laughing, but the tears fell from her eyes. "No matter what happens in the future Lizzie, I'll always be by your side."

"And I'll always be with you Jo, no matter who wins the merge." I had forgotten about the merge. We were one year away from having to go through that ordeal.

"Maybe it's a good thing that I'm not marrying Hope. Landon won't leave her, she won't have to suffer another loss." Lizzie punched my arm.

"Hope is going to suffer another loss, she's going to lose her two best friends. So don't tell me that you shouldn't love just because we have an expiration date." I looked shocked at my twin. We heard a knocking on the door.

"Hey it's time." Lizzie and I looked at each other and took each other's hands heading for the door.

We stood at the altar after walking in with the groomsmen. After I had split from Rafael I took my place. Soon the wedding march played and Hope made her way down the aisles with Kol leading her. She wore a ginormous smile on her face. And even though my face had a smile. My heart felt like it was breaking all over again.

After all of the I do's were exchanged, Hope and Landon were now married. We were all getting ready to toast the bride and groom. I was sitting next to Hope, trying not to shed the tears I felt threatening to fall. Suddenly I felt my arm being nudged. I look to find everyone staring at me.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something." I nodded and someone handed me a guitar. "I have a hard time putting what I want to say into words so I wrote this song for the newly weds." I looked over at Hope and she was giving me her signature Mikaelson smirk. I turned over to Lizzie who just nodded her head. I took a deep breath and began to sing.

Take it
If she gives you her heart
Don't you break it
Let your arms be a place
She feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have

She always has trouble
Falling asleep
And she likes to cuddle
While under the sheets
She loves Pop songs
And dancing, and bad trash TV
There's still a few other things

She loves love notes and babies
And likes giving gifts
Has a hard time accepting
A good compliment
She loves her whole family
And all of her friends
So if you're the one she lets in