Chapter 1

Beep !

"Popcorn's ready !" Kara shouted excitedly, jumping from the couch to go get what she calls her favorite binge-watching food.

"Which one is it ? Episode 5 or 6 ?" asked Alex, setting herself comfortably, remotes in hand.

"6" answered Kara, sitting next to her sister with her arms full with the popcorn bowl and drinks. It was one of Kara's favorite things. Catching up on TV Shows with her sister after a long day at Cat Co. Especially when it was very rainy outside like today. Unfortunately, those blissful moments of peace never lasted long.

"What is it this time ?" Alex inquired nonchalantly, pausing the episode. She has known her sister for a long time now and noticed right away that she was suddenly distracted.

"I'm not sure" Kara replied, looking towards the window, her brow furrowed in deep concentration.

"I told you season 3 was cursed" joked Alex. "We will never finish...

"The Venture !" Kara all but shouted.

"What ?"

"The Venture ! You know, the first suborbital flight everyone was talking about all week" Kara explained changing into her Supergirl suit in a blink of an eye.

"Yeah I know what it is" Alex replied, rolling her eyes and taking a sip of her beer.

"It's crashing !" Kara continued, heading for the window. "Don't take too long, I plan on finishing the season this year" Alex teased. She always made crappy jokes every time her sister flew away to perform her heroic duty. Kara may be the strongest woman on this planet, she will never cease to be Alex's little sister so the older Danvers couldn't help but worry for Supergirl and dismiss it with odd goodbyes.

-"Don't finish the season without me" Kara warned Alex, pointing her finger at her sister with her best menacing look which actually only managed to make Supergirl even more adorable to her older sister.

"Of course" Alex answered with a dismissal of her hand.

"Alex..."

"I won't ! I swear ! I will just watch some TV in the meantime, ok ?" Alex assured Kara.

"OK" was the last thing Supergirl said before she jumped out of the window. Alex had seen her sister do this a countless of times but somehow she will never get used to it.

***

After making sure that the plane was secure on the ground and after saying goodbye to her cousin, Kara launched herself in the air, flying at great speed to go back to her sister and finally finish that season. When she came to the window and stepped in her apartment, Alex was sleeping on the couch, the TV still on. Alex left it on a news channel that was currently showing the evacuation of the Venture. As after each rescue, Supergirl was in a good and light mood, so she decided to prank her sister. She started floating slowly towards the couch so she wouldn't wake Alex and prepared herself to shout a loud "boom" just behind her sister's head. When Kara reached the couch, she placed her hands on the back of it, each one on either side of Alex's head and started to lean over when her eyes caught a glimpse of the TV screen. There she was. Even more beautiful that the last time she saw her, answering some question from a TV journalist.

"Lena ?" was all Kara managed to say in this moment, and even then, it was not louder than a whisper. It was enough to wake her sister up, though.

"Kara ?" a sleepy Alex asked, opening her eyes slowly. "Sorry, I must have fallen asleep..."

But Kara wasn't listening anymore. The only thing she could think of, as her eyes were glued to the TV screen, was that Lena Luthor was there. In National City. After all these years.