On the bus

~Zayn

It's been 3 years... 3 years since I've seen  Niall. We broke up and shortly after they gave us a few years long break from touring and interviews and such to be with our families. We are starting back on touring and I'm terrified. Harry and management are the only ones who knows about Skylar... They haven't told the other lads but they're about to find out about her. Niall is about to find out about her... I'm freaking out as I pack my things and place them next to the door along with Sky's bags. I then walk back upstairs and to Skylar's bedroom to wake her up from her nap. Harry just texted me a few minutes ago saying that the bus would be here in about 10 minutes. "Hey Sky, come on sweetie wake up. Uncle Harry will be here soon." I whisper while shaking her lightly. She stirs a little before I am met with her beautiful amber eyes. "Daddy, where going?" She asks looking at me. "We're going a lot of places. We're going to go see the world, babe." I say. She smiles at me and then we hear a horn sound from outside. Skylar's face lit up and she runs out of the room. I following behind her and we walk down the stairs and to the door. I open the door and see Harry leaning against the bus. Skylar takes off out the door as I grab out bags and lock the door. "Uncle Hazza!" She yells jumping into his arms. "Hey babe! I missed you!" He says spinning around with her in his arms. "Missted you too!" She says with a huge smile. I walk over to them and hug Harry. We walk onto the bus and straight to the bunks to put Skylar and I's things in my bunk. Then I remember I left Skylar's favorite bear. If I don't go get it she'll just cry all the time and be upset. I grab Skylar and run off the bus and into the house. I sit Skylar down by the door telling her to stay put and run upstairs to grab the bear. I run back downstairs and grab Skylar and return to the bus. I walk onto the bus to see all the lads now sitting in the living area. They weren't there when I got on the bus the first time. All eyes are on me as I am standing in the doorway holding Sky. It's silent for a moment but then Harry speaks. "Where'd you go, Z?" He asks. There's another silence and all eyes are still on me. "I left Sky's bear... Had to run back and get it." I say simply trying not to show how nervous I am. "Daddy, can I haz cookies?" Skylar asks looking up at me. "I have some cookies, Sky." Harry says going and pulling a pack of cookies out of the cabinet in the kitchen before returning to his seat next to Louis. "Daddy! Pleeeease can I haz!?" Sky presses. I sigh and put  her down and she runs to Harry and jumps on his lap. "Tank you, Uncle Hazza." She says as she eats a cookie. Niall, Liam, and Louis are staring at me. I go and take a seat on the other side of Harry. Liam comes and hugs me followed by Louis. Niall just look at me. He has a hurt expression on his face. I don't know why. I want to know why but I doubt he'll talk to me. I get up and walk to the back lounge area and sit on the couch. I sit there and just think for a while before Harry enters the room. "Z, the lads want to catch up. Come back to the living area." He says. "Where's Skylar?" I ask him. "Playing with Niall." I flinch at his words. "Z, you know you have to tell him right?" He says in a stern tone. I nod. " I will..." I say before getting up and walking back to the living area with Harry. I sit in my previous spot next to Harry and Sky comes and climbs onto my lap. "So how've you been, Zayn?" Liam asks breaking the silence that had overtaken the room. "Good. Really good." I say with a smile. "Who's this beautiful little girl?" Louis asks smiling. "I Skylar Mason!" Sky answers with a smile. "Well Skylar, we're your other uncles. I'm your Uncle Liam, that's your Uncle Louis and that's your Uncle Niall. We're all your dad's best mates." Liam says and Skylar smiles happy she has more uncles. Though Niall isn't her uncle. "How old are you, sweetheart?" Louis asks her. That's when I get nervous. They're gonna figure it out... "3" she says. "She'll be 4 next month." I say. "Sky, come on honey. It's time for you to take your medicine." I say to her. "Daddy I don wanna take medicine. It taste like crayons." She says pouting. "Either that or you're going to feel like you did the other night, honey. Do you want that?" I ask her. "No!" She yells falling into my chest wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. "What happened to her the other night?" Harry asked looking really worried. "She had a 106 fever and really wasn't feeling well. I took her to the hospital and the doctor said it was just a bad cold and gave me some medicine to give her. She hates it though." I say. "My niece was in the hospital and you didn't call me!" He yelled. "Wait... You knew about her before today.." Niall finally speaks. There is a long pause. "Harry was there at the hospital the day she was born." I say looking away before getting up and walking to the bunks to give Skylar her medicine. This night is going to be awkward.