Chapter 3

We all retreated to the house Erwin was staying in. We were ordered to take the man to the cellar and a guard be on watch until he woke up.
Captain Levi decided that we should stay one more night or until the matter was dealt with.

The next morning, we were having breakfast when Sasha came running into the kitchen from the cellar.
"The prisoner is waking up sir!"

We all followed Commander Erwin, Captain Levi, and Section Commander Hange to the basement where our mysterious prisoner was being held.

"Wait out here." Levi instructed as he, Hange, and Erwin entered the room.

They all watched as the prisoner finally gained consciousness. After a few minutes, the man was fully alert.

"Who are you?" He asked hesitantly, looking between the three figures that stood in front of him.

"We'd like to ask you the same thing." Erwin stated plainly.

The man shifted uncomfortably on his makeshift bed.

"You're lucky we got to you first." Erwin continued, "The military police aren't very susceptible to outsiders."

The man flinched. "What do you mean "outsider"? What makes you think-"

"You walked out of a giant blue fire and then collapsed." Levi bluntly interrupted. "And if that doesn't give anything away your shitty blue hair will!"

"First, we want your name. Then we want to know what the fire thing was all about." Hange said looking at the prisoner.

The prisoner gulped. "Tabi Hokatochi."

"Well nice to meetcha Tabi!" Hange cheerfully greeted as she held her hand for him to shake. He took it hesitantly. Hange then pulled him close and glared into his eyes. "Now what was the explosion?"

Tabi gained his composure and then glared back menacingly "I ain't telling you anything."

Hange's demeanor changed instantly as she pulled back and laughed. "Oh come on Tabi! You mean you're not gonna tell us??"

Tabi sneered at her.

"Well maybe I can guess!" Hange said with a smile, "Maybe you've got a flare for special effects! Or you're from beyond the wall and you have technology that can do something like that! Or my personal theory... you're a Titan shifter!"

"A what...?" Tabi asked.

"A Titan shifter! I suppose we won't know unless you transform! In which case, it'd probably be best for us to leave you alone so we're not caught in the explosion!" Hange reasoned.

Tabi got an idea

"Yeah... you'd better be careful..." he smirked, "you never know when I may transform..."

Hange and Erwin were caught off guard by the sudden response.

"Oi. What's with that smile?" Levi glared at the prisoner, "Was it fun to kill so many people?"

"As a matter of fact, yes." Tabi casually answered.

The three officers were shocked by that bold statement.

"I actually don't have a problem with cold-blooded murder. And I'll keep doing it until I'm caught, or until I'm bored with it." Tabi continued. "But with my power, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon."

"Well I hate to point out the obvious, but you're caught. The Military Police will be coming later today." Hange said.

"I don't intend to be here when that happens." Tabi retorted, "You won't be either. Now that my quirk is recharged, it's time that I leave."

Tabi's eyes started glowing a fiery blue as the air got hot extremely quickly. Thick, black smoke started to flow from his body.

Erwin, Hange, and Levi wasted no time. They immediately escaped from the room.

"Captain! Why-"

"RUN! GET OUT OF THE BUILDING!" Hange yelled, pointing to the nearest window.

We all immediately activated our ODM gear, and we burst through the window!
We made it about 800 meters from the house before the entire building exploded! The blast was so strong that it blew us out of balance and slammed us onto the rooftops!
We looked back to see the same spiraling blue flames from the day before!

"Look!" Eren pointed at a figure emerging from the remains of the house.

"That's Tabi! He survived?!" Hange exclaimed.

We watched as Tabi quickly regained his wits and ran towards the flames!

"We can't let him go!" Erwin commanded.

We instantly sprang into action, trying to catch up before he escaped into the smoke. 

Right as we got there, Tabi ran into the dense blanket of smoke.

"NO!" Eren screamed!

Desperate to recapture the prisoner, Eren followed Tabi into the fire without hesitation!