xxviii

"luke?"

luke looked towards the door as his mother slowly inched it open and stuck her head in.

"i got you a tutor."

luke frowned and turned over in bed so that his back was facing her again. he had gotten home two days earlier, and his mother was already pushing school on him.

immediately, he felt his bed dip under the weight of his mother sitting down.

"i know you don't want to go back to school, but you need your education."

he huffed. "no, i don't."

liz sighed and began rubbing her son's back. "yes, you do. you're a very smart boy, luke. don't let this one incident keep you from your future. you're going to graduate and get into a nice college and get a good job, meet a nice girl-"

"i'm gay."

liz's eye twitched slightly. "right. you'll meet a nice boy. and then you can adopt."

luke nodded. "who's the tutor?"

liz smiled, happy that luke wasn't arguing. "his name is irwin."

luke threw up his hand. "woo."

his mother stood up and kissed his forehead. "tomorrow's your first lesson. he'll be here at nine."

luke got out of bed and hopped over to his window. he looked over at michael's house.

it looked empty; no lights were on or anything. despite all that had happened, he couldn't help but wonder if it contained a blue-haired boy that missed him as much as he was missing him.

ok so i've decided to change the name of this story to encounters

bc i mean, i'm basically just writing about different encounters that happen between michael & luke so