52

A genuine offer?
--
JANE

As me and Laine followed dad into my old office, i notice her trembling. I held her hand and shivered as i felt it cold.

I guess she's that nervous to talk to my dad, well i can't blame her.

"Hey, calm down." I whispered, she looked at me and i can see worry in her face. "It's going to be okay, i promise."

She held my hand tigther and took a deep breath.

As we entered my office dad is sitting on my old chair and she mentioned Laine to come closer and the seat in front of him.

"Uhm,, good evening.. Mr. Kim" Laine properly greeted and dad nodded her head. If this doesn't end well I'm ready to yank Laine away.

"Thank you for uhmm- accepting my offer to meet me here.. Even though i know the two of you are tired." Laine gave me a sideglance and i smiled at her.

"It's always a pleasure Mr. Kim, i understand." Laine said as she did one of her charming smiles. Hoping it would work on that.

"Ahem,, so you know i already had a serious talk with my daughter awhile ago,  she answered all of my questions, i hope you do the same."

"Of course."

Here it goes

"What did you see in her?"

"I saw her personality striving to be a better person, even tho she already is, just to do you proud." She knows exactly what to say..

"What will you do if i try to break you two apart again?"

"I didn't let it happen before, and i won't let it if you try again, i assure you." Ooohh nice answer.

"Would you love her, stay with her even at her worse?"

"Mr. Kim, as you can see she's at her worse now considering what happened before, and I'm still here aren't i? I love her, especially at her worse. So my answer is yes."

I don't see her nervous anymore, this is a good sign.

And now here comes the last question.

"What if she suddenly leaves you?" She frozed at the question but immediately went back to her normal posture to answer.

"If that's what she wants, then I'll let her be as long as she's happy. And i know her, she won't leave me all of a sudden, so it might be your doing if ever that happens." Dad furrowed his brows at Laine's answer.

"It's not-"

"I said if ever, Mr. Kim"

"Right.. Sorry to both of you." I titled my head while looking at him.

"Sorry for what dad? For hurting Laine? For threatening her? For cutting me out of your life for a whole month?" I fired.

"Sweetie, i didn't cut you out, you fired yourself!" Dad shouted at me. Oh it's so on.

"But i didn't fire my self by being your daughter!" I shouted back. "You didn't even dare to ask how i was, it was mom who only cared on how we're doing!" 

"Of course not i-"

"No! Don't even try explaining. A whole month.. A whole freaking month dad! No texts? No calls? I get it you're upset but I'm your daughter for heaven sakes! And if it weren't for your stupid company going bankrupt you won't even invite us here!"

He went quiet after what i said, Laine is just sitting there not knowing what to do. Jeez i might have scared her.

"Admit it dad, the photographer you hired wasn't good enough like Laine. And you want us to go back to save your damn company." He still didn't utter a word. "It's no use going here, Honey come on." I grabbed Laine's hand to dragged her out of here.

As i was about to open the door dad quickly said..

"Please! Stay... I didn't call you guys here to argue.." I continued on ignoring him but Laine pulled me aside and gave me that look.

That look that says 'give your dad a chance.'

I look at her then sighed. I turned to my dad and nodded.

"It better be worth it."

Dad took a deep breath and started talking.

"I'm not forcing the two of you to go back to the company, although i did plan on telling, but i will not force you if you don't want to yet, you could take your time.. And if it's okay.. To both of you, we can have breakfast tomorrow at the house."

I was stunned at the offer. He usually don't go inviting people at our house, especially since he learned I'm dating one of his employee.

"It's also the perfect chance to.. To know your girlfriend." He pointed at Laine and she looked shock as i do.

"Is it okay for you?" I whispered to Laine "If you're not good with it we can-"

"We'd love to." Again.. I am stunned.

"You do?" I asked her confused. She nodded while smiling.. "Fine, i guess.." I said to dad and he smiled.

For the first time, his smile was genuine and not forced.

"Great! Uh.. Oh it's getting late.. You guys should go home and have some rest. I'll see the both of you tomorrow morning." I nodded and dragged Laine out of the office.

"I'm okay with his offer, are you?" She suddenly ask, i shrug my shoulder as the two of us walked out of the building.

"I just hope he's not planning something again." I whispered. He did the exact same thing before and if he does it again, i swear.

"He seems genuine about it."  I hope she's right, dad can pretend to be genuine and no one can ever notice he's taking. "You okay?"

"Yeah.. I just.. If something goes wrong and he hurts you again i-" My words were cutted off by her.

"He won't, I'll be ready if he tries to slap me again, I'll break his hand." I snorted at what she said, she knows how to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah and he'll just be even more mad at you!"

"Okay I'll just break his hand a little. Just a little crack."

--
Ciao.

Shuta init sa pilipinas