Chapter 5

Written by: Kalee
_______________

{Ruby}

I was sitting at home listening to music when my phone started ringing, "Hello?"

"Is this Ruby?" A woman asked.

"This is. Who are you?"

"It's Ashley. From last night and this morning."

"Yes I remember you. So you got the coffee?"

"I did. I almost threw it away before I saw your number on it."

"I wanted to make sure I saw you again."

"Good. We should hang out again. Soon."

"I couldn't agree more. What about this weekend?"

"Friday? I'm free then."

"Awesome. Since I know where you live, I'll meet you at your place Friday at 7?"

"Sounds great. See ya then."

"See ya."

-----------FRIDAY @ 7-----------

I pulled up to Ash's place and parked my car. I took the elevator to her floor and knocked, "Ash. It's Ruby."

"Coming!" I heard right before the door opened, "Why hello."

"Hi. You look, amazing." She was wearing tight black jeans, a black cami, and a loose blouse that was black and had pink roses scattered over it. She looked beautiful.

"Thanks. You look quite nice yourself." I was only wearing tight black jeans and a black sweater. Nothing compared to her beauty.

"Why thank you."

"Come in quick. I was looking for my phone." She opened the door wider for me to step through next to her.

I walked in and stood awkwardly in the kitchen as she looked for her phone, "Got it?" I asked when she came back from her room.

"Yes I do. Let me get my shoes on and then we can go. I'm sorry about this."

"No, it's okay. The longer you take, the more time I get to spend with you."
I mentally slapped myself after that statement.

"Well, good." She got her shoes on and we left.

--

"That movie was great. It wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be." Ashley mentioned.

"Oh I know. Still good though."

"Dinner next?" She asked as we got in the car.

"Yep. I don't know what you like so I'll let you pick. I'll eat about anything."

"Uh, well. Applebee's?"

"Oh I love Applebee's."

"Me too." She giggled and I about died. It was the cutest thing ever.

I pulled into the parking lot and we got out, walking hand-in-hand. My heart was beating so fast.

"This looks so good." Ashley stated when they sat her food down in front of her.

"It does. But I hate to break it to you, but mine is better."

"Ha, no. Try this." She scooped up a bite onto her fork and held it out in front of my mouth. I opened my mouth took the bite off her fork.

"Okay. You have me beat."

"I told you." She smiled at me and started eating. I started eating too and before we knew it, we were in the car on the way to my place.