Golden Wings - WingedInnit AU

(TW: Manipulation, explosions, violence, the results of Tommy's second exile, blood, Dream breaking bones at one point (I'm not saying which bones), Dream isn't human and has floating body parts because I said so)

(Hiya! It's currently 4 am where I am and I decided to actually post on my WattPad, so here you go! Also if this shows up on Ao3 under Cloudheart, that's me so don't worry-)
(Okay so this one has censored swearing because I wrote this before I started getting uncomfortable writing censored swearing, also it's Tommy and it's really hard to get around swearing with Tommy-)
(Also I didn't have a title for this oneshot at first so the title is very haphazardly thrown together- If you have any suggestions, please share them =w=')
(Anyway, hope you enjoy!)

The soft breeze blew throughout Logstedshire, ruffling the leaves and causing the tents to gently flap. On its way in from the sea, it blew past a tall boy with messy blond hair, chilling him a little bit.

The teen hummed quietly, uncaring of how cold he was. Pursing his lips tight, he wrapped his thin arms around himself and stared toward L'Manburg, his former home. The sun was setting in the distance, casting a pinkish hue upon the world.

A small but sad smile grew on his face and he quietly exhaled as he closed his eyes to recall those good memories. L'Manburg had been his home for so long that it had been pretty jarring to suddenly be forced away from everything he knew. But he had long since gotten past grieving for the past. He was exiled; there was nothing he could do about it. Try as he might, he was stuck. For good.

His eyes flew open as a familiar call sounded from the Nether portal, "Tommy?"

Tommy spun around, immediately seeing the green man himself exiting the Nether portal and looking around, presumably for him. After putting on a friendly smile, he started walking toward him and waved, saying, "Hey, Dream!"

The man with a white bowling ball for a head turned around and waved in response. "There you are! I was wondering where you were." A slight malicious tone was hidden in Dream's friendly words, barely noticeable to Tommy.

"Well, I'm here, where else would I be?" The blond responded, stopping and crossing his arms as he made it to Dream.

"Well," began the armored man, "that's what I wanted to come talk to you about."

Immediately, Tommy could tell something was wrong, based on his only friend's tone and behavior. "What is it?" he asked, tilting his head slightly to the side in curiosity.

Dream put his floating white hands in his pockets, his own head tilted slightly. "I'm sure you know how Phil had wings before he joined the server, correct?"

Tommy slowly raised his eyebrow, a sense of dread beginning to fill his gut. "Yeah," he responded, dragging out the word a bit to emphasize his confusion.

"Well," Dream continued, his head bowing a bit.

A silence fell over the two of them, making Tommy more uncomfortable than he already was. The quiet unnerved him, making him a bit anxious for what his friend was going to say.

Dream raised his head again, his gaze landing on Tommy and making him even more nervous. Finally, he broke the unsettling silence and stated, "I heard from the grapevine that you inherited his wings."

Immediately, Tommy's heart sank, for more reasons than one. However, he didn't let his expression change to one of shock. "Why would I have inherited his wings? According to him, we're not f###ing related."

"But you are related, Tommy," Dream said, tilting his head to the left.

Scoffing, Tommy rolled his eyes and turned away. "Even if I had wings, there's nowhere for me to go," he bluntly said, dropping the optimistic act.