18

Alina took time to get dressed, carefully choosing a dress and heels, trying not to look too flashy. She applied kohl, her usual bergamot fragrance perfume, and a caramel nude lipstick. It was nothing special that Monday, but she felt different, it was the first day that she would be going to her office from the new place, the place which will be her home for some time. She chose a matching handbag, picked her laptop backpack, and headed towards the garage.

She knew driving but Indian cars have their steering systems set up on the right while the US has a left-hand drive system, a significant difference indeed. So she agreed to e assisted by the driver until she feels comfortable driving herself. She decided that she would tell Shiva and her colleagues that she has shifted temporarily to a friend's place. 

It was a day swamped with work, as usual. While returning, she asked to go to a grocery store, not wanting to eat nachos for another night. She spent more than an hour there, collecting food items and other utilities before heading back to her "home".

It was strange how the place appeared to be empty all the time, appearing as if she was the only one living there. She had no idea about Rob, his family, or anyone who used to stay there. 

'Better stick to my own business,' she reminded herself.

She struggled a bit to carry two grocery bags, her backpack, and everything all at once but she managed to stack up the bags on the kitchen counter before moving to her room to freshen up. Her room had a massive walk-in closet but she had not arranged it yet, postponing it for the upcoming weekend, She changed into a knee-length nightdress before heading back to the kitchen area. Soon enough, Rob entered from the front door, the door which Alina didn't know existed.

'Hey, I saw you coming with lots of stuff, talking to yourself.'

'Is it? Alina smiled, showing off her dimples.

'yeah, I thought to give you some company.' Ro said proudly.

'Appreciate it, was just prepping for dinner. How was your day today?'

'About that, for the next few days, I would be recording in a studio here in Los Angeles itself. And I get to sleep on my own bed,' he said blissfully.

'You have to tell me how this, the whole acting thing works.. someday.'

'What do you mean?'

'It's that, I want to know how an actor is selected for a role, and what proceedings take place before people like us get to see the movie.' her voice suddenly sounded like an awestruck kid. 

'It's nothing interesting', Rob tried to brush things off.

She cursed herself for asking this question and continued chopping bell pepper.

'Some other day?' Rob seemed to have sensed her uneasiness.

'Sure', she said without looking up.

'You know, at least you know that I am an actor and I work in movies and commercials, but I don't know anything about your profession. You are a strategy something, that's all I know about you. Do you mind to elaborate, you know I never went to college and do not get this technical stuff', he sounded genuinely interested.